Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Fatbob tail light

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 09:56 PM
DB249
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyna Fatbob tail light

Ok i did some searching and no luck. I have an 08 fat bob, when i got it it had the led tri bar, which the tabs broke, so i bent up some aluminum for tabs and fixed it and it broke again. So now i am left with the led housing installed, no tail light and im not familiar how it was stock. I am not gonna buy another led tri bar. So is my best bet to return to stock set up? And if so is it much trouble getting the tail back to stock form? Thanks

Old 05-20-2013, 12:13 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

As I recall, the Tri-bar uses the stock plug. As long as you have the stock taillight assembly and all the hardware, it should be a piece of cake to switch back.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:25 AM
HYPR
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DB249
Ok i did some searching and no luck. I have an 08 fat bob, when i got it it had the led tri bar, which the tabs broke, so i bent up some aluminum for tabs and fixed it and it broke again. So now i am left with the led housing installed, no tail light and im not familiar how it was stock. I am not gonna buy another led tri bar. So is my best bet to return to stock set up? And if so is it much trouble getting the tail back to stock form? Thanks
Send me a PM, I have a take off OEM FXDF taillight.
Bob

Old 05-23-2013, 09:30 PM
Paulflhx
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a Kuryakyn LED low profile tail light I posted for sale some time ago. I would sell it for $50 plus shipping at this point. It is stock in shape but extends out less than half as far as the stock unit. Very bright. FYi I am away in the Smokeys all next week and can't reply til I get back.

Old 05-24-2013, 04:22 AM
whiterides
Cruiser

Tri Bar mount will need to be replaced with stock mount and tail light. Tri Bar plugs in to original circuit board (for tail light and indicators) which is removed in one piece. Getting a tail light will be easy. Getting a stock mount will be more difficult. The number plate goes on the original mount.
Here is a link to the tri bar mount instructions if that helps:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...ts/-J04721.pdf

Old 06-12-2013, 12:50 PM
Jaymarshall5426
1st Gear

The HD TriBar light itself I like a lot, but the quality is crap. Mine broke twice even with the washer fix. I just had a metal buddy of mine hook me up with a custom steel mount. Fits great and will never break again. HD really needs to come up with a much better design.

Attached Thumbnails Dyna Fatbob tail light-bracket.jpg  
Old 06-12-2013, 12:54 PM
RJHD
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone have a picture of where these things break? I have one that is fine. Just wondering what to watch for?

Old 06-12-2013, 01:04 PM
Jaymarshall5426
1st Gear

Hey RGHD. I didn’t take a picture of mine when it broke, but i circled where it did break. Broke on both sides. You will want to check out yours to see if they're cracked which will eventually break.

Attached Thumbnails Dyna Fatbob tail light-taillight-pic.jpg  
Old 06-12-2013, 04:27 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Obvious by the picture that thing isn't getting any top support. A little dab of caulking should do. Why doesn't HD think of this stuff!

Old 06-12-2013, 05:50 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaymarshall5426
The HD TriBar light itself I like a lot, but the quality is crap. Mine broke twice even with the washer fix. I just had a metal buddy of mine hook me up with a custom steel mount. Fits great and will never break again. HD really needs to come up with a much better design.
Your buddy could probably sell quite of few of those mounts. Mine has not broke yet but if the price was reasonable, it would be nice to have as a backup.

Quick Reply: Dyna Fatbob tail light