Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 wide tire upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 03:30 AM
onthebrink11
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 wide tire upgrade?

I am looking for some help/advice on a wide tire upgrade for my '03 wide glide. I am interested in keeping the stock fender and think I have found a solution, any input would appreciated. I am thinking of purchasing a second rear fender that matches my current one, cutting each one off center, then welding them together to create the necessary width for either a 200 or 240 series tire (haven't decided yet). I have a couple of reasons for doing this; first, I like the look of the HD bobtail fender and I want to retain the stock anniversary paint scheme. I thought that by cutting the fenders off center and welding them together I could strip down the paint above the anniversary tape (silver paint only), weld the two fenders together, then repaint the silver to match. Am I realistic in thinking this would/could work? Secondly I would like to replace the tail lamp with the HD tri-bar LED lamp to give the back end a clean, flush look. Since Harley only makes them for later models I thought it would work if I widened the stock fender I have. I'm pretty sure that either the one for the dyna or the softail models would work since they are the same except for the mounting brackets. Any one else ever attempt this or care to provide me some guidance?