Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where are all the Install Threads?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 08:56 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts
Angry Where are all the Install Threads?

I just wanted to know why we have tons of "Before" and tons of "After" but so few of "During"??

I had to go about 3 1/2 years ago to find a good install thread on the Andrews 30T mod.

I cannot even remember any recent Dyna cam install threads, seems I have to go hang out on the bagger forums to find a couple.

I use the search feature and usually I can find some decent install threads but they are few and far between.

I like to see pics of everything being torn down, tools in actions, with the OP telling us why he went the way he did, where he got the tools, how he saved $$, what he messed up, etc etc.

I see a lot of bikes that have had some great mods, so I know they are being done constantly - just asking folks to show us HOW you did it not just THAT you did it. I am guilty too - should have done a True Track thread but I got lazy and skipped it - don't think I have ever seen a good True Track install mod.

What do yall think, am I the only one thinking this?

Old 05-20-2013, 09:46 PM
Danielc409
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Some of the common good ones that are around, if there are any, should be stickied or be put into a DIY subsection of sorts.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:16 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Top of our dyna home page "best of dyna threads" https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...t-of-dyna.html

EDIT = I should have read all of your thread first sorry.

Last edited by maddghost; 05-21-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:40 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 867 Likes on 576 Posts

Maybe this will help?

Old 05-21-2013, 06:32 AM
junglejoe
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put my "top end" rebuild thread in the evo section....

Old 05-21-2013, 07:52 AM
rubberfrog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 120 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by alansummrs
I just wanted to know why we have tons of "Before" and tons of "After" but so few of "During"??

I had to go about 3 1/2 years ago to find a good install thread on the Andrews 30T mod.
I don't know where they are at, but throw up a link to the 30T install thread!

Old 05-21-2013, 07:53 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

I am doing a hard bag install. Have a thread that I update as I update my progression. It's note for everyone, put it is a step-by-step and not a "I had an idea and now its done". Total spent on everything to date is maybe $600.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...d-finally.html

Old 05-21-2013, 08:35 AM
Inthespiral
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm planning on take a few pictures of my build, before, during, and after. It isn't performance related, just a face lift, kinda simple I guess...and everyone has done it, but wth, I'll throw up a thread when I'm done Ugly stock FXDL --> blacked out exile'ish bobber....

Old 05-21-2013, 10:17 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

there is a sticky at the top of the page that i try to update with important threads

Old 05-21-2013, 10:26 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Originally Posted by alansummrs

I cannot even remember any recent Dyna cam install threads, seems I have to go hang out on the bagger forums to find a couple.

I use the search feature and usually I can find some decent install threads but they are few and far between.

I like to see pics of everything being torn down, tools in actions, with the OP telling us why he went the way he did, where he got the tools, how he saved $$, what he messed up, etc etc.

I see a lot of bikes that have had some great mods, so I know they are being done constantly - just asking folks to show us HOW you did it not just THAT you did it. I am guilty too - should have done a True Track thread but I got lazy and skipped it - don't think I have ever seen a good True Track install mod.

What do yall think, am I the only one thinking this?
Not a Dyna but here is my before, durring, and after crank swap thread with a bunch of pics: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...2007-fxst.html

Quick Reply: Where are all the Install Threads?