Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LRS Thunderbolt Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 07:19 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default LRS Thunderbolt Review

Just wanted to share a review and pics of my new Thunderbolt windshield from Long Ride Shields. From start to finish I dealt with James at LRS through email/phone and he was always helpful and had a good attitude. Originally the windshield I received had the wrong size clamps for my handlebars and the holes on the bridge that the arms attach to were not spaced far enough apart to fit correctly on my handlebars. So James sent me out the correct clamps and a new bridge that had the holes drilled further apart. With the new hardware everything came together great. Only need an allen wrench to attach to the bike.

Took it out for a test ride and am really pleased with it! The problem I was having with my HD Supersport QD was bad buffeting with my full face helmet at 60+mph. With the new LRS Thunderbolt I was up to 70mph before I felt any buffeting at all and it was minimal at that speed, can definitely deal with it. Half helmet, no buffeting at all, it was the same as with the other windshield.

One thing I did notice with the new LRS that was different from the Supersport was that I get up to speed (on avg I drive between 55 and 75mph) a lot quicker and it seems with less throttle. I believe the difference is there is less surface area of windscreen to catch the wind so there is not as much wind drag. All the while the LRS is doing a better job at blocking the wind that matters.

I still get plenty of wind in the face, dont feel like I am missing the experience of riding a motorcycle, I just dont get the annoying buffeting.

Bottom Line: Product= Great, Customer Service=Great, Would I buy again or recommend to a friend= Yes

Here are some pics I took. Feel free to ask any questions if you have any. BTW, I will be posting up 4 sale my HD Supersport soon if anyone is interested and wants first dibs.

Attached Thumbnails LRS Thunderbolt Review-dsc02729.jpg   LRS Thunderbolt Review-dsc02730.jpg   LRS Thunderbolt Review-dsc02733.jpg   LRS Thunderbolt Review-dsc02734.jpg