Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

springer questiong 24" stock 4" of trail and it still gets jumpy at around 80mph wtf!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 03:09 AM
beaudaciousb
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default springer questiong 24" stock 4" of trail and it still gets jumpy at around 80mph wtf!

so can anybody help me out? bike rides great up too about 80mph the stock rake of the bike is 29 degrees i think its a 2010 street bob, my trail is 4inches my front tire is a 21x120x70. ive talked to a few people some say its the front tire its too big or wide etc etc some say i need to make a set of custom rockers which idk fall away test has been done by a indy shop they do good work i trust them.

IDEAS ANYONE!!!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails springer questiong 24" stock 4" of trail and it still gets jumpy at around 80mph wtf!-imag0113.jpg   springer questiong 24" stock 4" of trail and it still gets jumpy at around 80mph wtf!-imag0114.jpg  
Old 06-13-2013, 03:48 AM
Chinashop bull
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by beaudaciousb
so can anybody help me out? bike rides great up too about 80mph the stock rake of the bike is 29 degrees i think its a 2010 street bob, my trail is 4inches my front tire is a 21x120x70. ive talked to a few people some say its the front tire its too big or wide etc etc some say i need to make a set of custom rockers which idk fall away test has been done by a indy shop they do good work i trust them.

IDEAS ANYONE!!!!!!!
Ditch the DNA springer and get a factory, vtwin mfg, or Zero eng springer. The DNA springer is made for show use only and made from cheese.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:44 AM
HrdNox
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Three Two choppers makes a fork replacement for the DNA..http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/h...o/15e9432d.jpghttp://i253.photobucket.com/albums/h...83E1C294A6.jpg

Wishbone or hoop style...

Old 06-13-2013, 11:41 AM
beaudaciousb
Advanced

well good input but its a Mid-Usa springer not DNA however are they the same? ive looked at both seemed Mid-Usa was a lil better

Old 06-13-2013, 12:50 PM
HrdNox
Outstanding HDF Member

http://www.porkersusa.com/motorcycle..._springer.html
I would seriously call 3/2 and ask for JC he will help you out.And don't forget, HD makes one of the best springer fronts out there.(Just on the high side.)

Old 06-13-2013, 01:11 PM
beaudaciousb
Advanced

I did and they are the same!!!! damn damn damn however on tuesday im going to order a wishbone kit I talked to Jc and they were very helpful even though they were busy!!! he explained not only what to check on my front end now but also how they design there's about 3/8 longer at the end and he also stated that it will more than likely help with the pogo effect..... although this is not a solid yes i believe that do to the crappy design of the Mid-USA/DNA this will improve it greatly along with making it look just badass as hell

Old 06-13-2013, 01:20 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Don't take me wrong, your bike looks really cool, but I think you're asking too much from a springer style suspension. The tech just isn't up to the task of suspending a 670lb motorcycle at high speed.

You may, probably will, see improvement by upgrading to the highest quality components, but it will never react as quickly to surface disruptions as a modern design.

It's similar to a comparison of leaf springs Vs coil-over independent suspension on a sports car. You can make it the best it can be, but it will never perform as well as the modern designs.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:50 PM
HrdNox
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by beaudaciousb
I did and they are the same!!!! damn damn damn however on tuesday im going to order a wishbone kit I talked to Jc and they were very helpful even though they were busy!!! he explained not only what to check on my front end now but also how they design there's about 3/8 longer at the end and he also stated that it will more than likely help with the pogo effect..... although this is not a solid yes i believe that do to the crappy design of the Mid-USA/DNA this will improve it greatly along with making it look just badass as hell
Cool..Hope it works out for ya.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:08 PM
beaudaciousb
Advanced

SLV also a valid point!

Old 06-13-2013, 02:18 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

keep it at 79 mph.

Quick Reply: springer questiong 24" stock 4" of trail and it still gets jumpy at around 80mph wtf!