Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost Got Plowed This Morning

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 11:53 AM
njohnson27
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost Got Plowed This Morning

I was turning right into the parking garage at my work, right turn signal on, applying the brakes and slowing down, beginning to turn right at about 5 mph and all of a sudden I hear huge screeching sound, I turn around and some ******* kid is a few feet from plowing me from behind. He was too impatient and was attempting to pass me on the right before he realized I was turning into the parking garage. He then decided to be a tough guy and tried to stare me down as if it was my fault he almost flattened me.

I recently started wearing a Dainese spine protector under my vest. Glad I've been wearing it. I'm furious too at this punk. I got some good language in and he sped off, but I'm still pissed.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:02 PM
Chase1961
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad you came thru it unscathed.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:03 PM
mmf
Cruiser

Wow, too close for comfort. Allot of idiots out there.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh fawk!! Thats the kinda **** that ends your day man. Every day someone is getting run the hell over because people aren't watching the roads. This is the same type of encounter that totaled my bike. I'm glad you're ok. I wouldn't have let that guy off with just a few words...

Old 06-20-2013, 12:18 PM
socialoutcast
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by njohnson27
I was turning right into the parking garage at my work, right turn signal on, applying the brakes and slowing down, beginning to turn right at about 5 mph and all of a sudden I hear huge screeching sound, I turn around and some ******* kid is a few feet from plowing me from behind. He was too impatient and was attempting to pass me on the right before he realized I was turning into the parking garage. He then decided to be a tough guy and tried to stare me down as if it was my fault he almost flattened me.

I recently started wearing a Dainese spine protector under my vest. Glad I've been wearing it. I'm furious too at this punk. I got some good language in and he sped off, but I'm still pissed.
That really sux. I have to deal with this crap constantly with where I have to ride for getting to and from work. It's 35 miles one way. I have had people run me into emergency lanes at 75mph and look at me like it was my fault. I had one kid in a Honda on his cell phone almost take me out at 75mph. I returned the favor by leaving him a very big dent in his door from my boot. This is one of the reasons I dont fully agree with carrying while riding. You are given the option to be pissed use poor judgement too often on a bike.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:24 PM
njohnson27
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dynam1te
Oh fawk!! Thats the kinda **** that ends your day man. Every day someone is getting run the hell over because people aren't watching the roads. This is the same type of encounter that totaled my bike. I'm glad you're ok. I wouldn't have let that guy off with just a few words...
Yeah - I read your post the other day, really sorry to hear about your bike, glad you're ok though. After I read about yours, that's when I started wearing my spine protector every day commuting to work. There's just way too many morons driving here in LA. I don't trust them one bit.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:27 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Glad it didn't end sour. You have to love it when the other person is at fault then they get pissed off at you. Unreal!!!!!!

Old 06-20-2013, 01:27 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Also glad your ok and able to the tell the story and ride your bike. It really sucks how society has become so selfish and ignorant while driving. Somebody is always cutting someone off, or running each other over. All because they're either distracted or just plain to selfish to wait their ffing turn!

Old 06-20-2013, 03:21 PM
tomt
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

This kind of crap happened every day, in Chicago, back in the day. The 70's. Anytime an accident involved a motorcycle, it was always our fault.

If we got hit from behind, we stopped to quick. Get broadside, we blew the light/stop sign. A car turns left into our path, and we couldn't stop in time. We were going to fast for conditions.

I was riding one morning down a street in Chicago, Milwaukee Ave. When a woman drove through an intersection without stopping. I had to lock up my brake so I wouldn't slam into her. I took chase ( I was young with no fear) and cornered her in a Sears parking lot. I asked her what she was doing, not stopping for the stop sign.

She started to f this and f that. She had three kids sitting in the car. She told me she wishes she was a couple of seconds slower so she could have hit me and left me in the street dieing. This was only my first encounter of the day.

I think it was the Hells Angels/Easy Rider syndrome.

Then, they were really gunning for us. Today, it's just stupid drivers.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:27 PM
bebowebb
Road Master

Glad you came out clean!

Originally Posted by HD Bobber
You have to love it when the other person is at fault then they get pissed off at you.
That seems to be the norm now days. Kinda' like when the news reports a bike crash, it's always "when the motorcycle collided with..." rather than "when the car/truck/whatever caused the motorcyclist to...".

Quick Reply: Almost Got Plowed This Morning