Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power vision pv fuel moto

Old 06-20-2013, 09:00 PM
KEYBEAR
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power vision pv fuel moto

Well I got real tired of the H-D dealer asking for more money every time I needed anything done . That and the fact they would not do what I ask ?
I ask to have the idle set at 1000 rpm cost $175.00 to put it on the computer . plus Harley will only let them set the idle as low as 1070 no lower .

I bought a Fuel Moto Power Vision PV it came yesterday .
Dog this is the nuts . First I set my Speedometer is was 4 miles an hour off . Then I set my Idle to 1000 rpm now the tune has stated ?
The Power Vision has an Auto Tune that is the cats butt . After about 2 hours today this bike runs better then ever . This bike has never sounded this good and the butt Dino is liking the power .

Two more little things and it has paid for its self .

Old 06-20-2013, 09:13 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Yep. Great tuner! Congrats!

Old 06-20-2013, 09:24 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Yeah, that speedo adjust is sweet, just changed out my front pulley, went from 32T to 30T and just adjusted the VSS - speed dead on again.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:24 PM
trekez2
Tourer

Great product and you got it from a great company.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:30 PM
02fx4dude
Road Master
Received 251 Likes on 130 Posts

While it does take some knowledge to tune a motor, dealer service guys talk and make it sound like tuning an overcomplicated lawn mower engine is rocket science.

I've met a few good techs at dealers, but most just blow smoke up your butt. I think some techs don't really know what they are doing and that's why they make it sound so complicated.

If you have the guts to do it yourself and a steep enough learning curve to do it right, more power to you.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:24 PM
KEYBEAR
Road Master

The reason and only reason I bought a tuner is to put the control back in my hands .
I,m tired of the dealer tell me what I can have done to my motorcycle and how much it will cost me . I really think anyone buying a Harley new or used should buy what ever they need to do what needs done . The Power Vision is 500 bucks It should be in the total cost of your bike at the get go ? Everyone will change the Exhaust at some point why pay the high cost for the Exhaust plus the dealer to do the flash ?

It just goes on and on so do it all yourself . I got an estimate for cams last week it was $2000.00 total ? It is a good two hour job and can be done for 700 or less .

Old 06-21-2013, 08:20 AM
timfromfc
Cruiser

The PV is awesome and Jamie is top notch. Good choice on both!

Old 06-21-2013, 08:29 AM
MiniWolf
Received 4,688 Likes on 2,258 Posts

I have the Powervision as well. My only mods were the FuelMoto intake and KhromeWerks exhaust. The combo definitely let the engine breath a little better.

I never could get the tune right until I ran the autotune. FuelMoto sent me a couple of maps. Regardless of the tune I flashed, I kept getting a lot of popping on decel and the engine ran hot. They reccomended I run the Autotune using one of the maps as a base. When I did, that solved everything. No popping, very smooth running, and a lot cooler.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:39 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I got PV 2 months ago and flash my ecm with a few basic auto-tunes, it runs better each time, don't even need tuning with Jamie's map. Very happy customer! 107ci this winter!

Old 06-21-2013, 10:50 AM
KEYBEAR
Road Master

Originally Posted by MiniWolf
I have the Powervision as well. My only mods were the FuelMoto intake and KhromeWerks exhaust. The combo definitely let the engine breath a little better.

I never could get the tune right until I ran the autotune. FuelMoto sent me a couple of maps. Regardless of the tune I flashed, I kept getting a lot of popping on decel and the engine ran hot. They reccomended I run the Autotune using one of the maps as a base. When I did, that solved everything. No popping, very smooth running, and a lot cooler.

I,m running the auto tune now same problem you had (popping) Every Auto Tune I flash makes it better (2) I,m thinking one more and it will be home .
The Auto Tune is set up to make very small changes so it takes 3/4 runs .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power vision pv fuel moto