Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 lowrider won't start.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 09:10 AM
chrslefty
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 lowrider won't start.

Hi guy would appreciate your help.
I have a new to me 06 .
The bike sat for about a year a was started intermediate. I got her home and on the charger and was able to get it fired up and seamed to be running fine. We to go get some gas and it cut out on me right wen I got to the pump. Might have been user error. And hasent worked since.
Any ways, I hear the pump prime. And I put in a new battery . But it just turns over but won't fire up . Im getting spark. But the plugs are bone dry. And no codes are showing up. I did try pinching the fule line after the prim. I was able to pinch but it was pretty firm.
Thoughts?
Thanks for your help.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:36 PM
chrslefty
6th Gear

Bump.
Thanks for looking.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:55 PM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by chrslefty
Hi guy would appreciate your help.
I have a new to me 06 .
The bike sat for about a year a was started intermediate. I got her home and on the charger and was able to get it fired up and seamed to be running fine. We to go get some gas and it cut out on me right wen I got to the pump. Might have been user error. And hasent worked since.
Any ways, I hear the pump prime. And I put in a new battery . But it just turns over but won't fire up . Im getting spark. But the plugs are bone dry. And no codes are showing up. I did try pinching the fule line after the prim. I was able to pinch but it was pretty firm.
Thoughts?
Thanks for your help.
Sounds like it's not getting any gas. Bike sat for a year. The gas probably went bad...turned to varnish or other ugly stuff. I'll bet the fuel line or injectors are blocked...most likely the injectors.

I'd drain the tank. Clean out whatever fuel lines you can get to and check the pump filter. Don't know if you can clean the injectors with a solvent to clear any blockage, but I'd try. Worst case you may have to replace the injectors.

Old 06-22-2013, 07:05 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,283 Likes on 2,350 Posts

+1 on draining your fuel tank, put in fresh fuel with some Sea Foam, if you can pull your injectors and soak the nozzles in some Sea Foam. Ethanol will separate itself chemically and really mess up some fuel systems. If the bike is going to sit for any length of time it really needs to have the fuel treated.

Old 06-22-2013, 08:16 PM
chrslefty
6th Gear

Cool thanks guys ill give it a try.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:28 PM
chrslefty
6th Gear

Well I drained the tank and soaked the injectors. Put some fresh gas in and she fired right up.
Thanks for your help.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:12 PM
Sharpie
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Glad you got it running. Gasoline will actually start to seperate and do crappy thngs to an engine in less than 6 weeks. Anytime you get ready to use something that has been setting up, its best to drain the old fuel and put in fresh fuel. Small air cooled engines on weedeaters, chainsaws, etc... have this common problem. On them I try to dump the fuel out of the tank when I am finished and then run the engine until it runs out of fuel. For your bike I suggest you run a fuel treatment such as Sea Foam or Techron on a regular basis. In times when youwill not ride as ofton such as in the winter, Fill the tank with fresh gas and a fuel stabilizer for ethanol gas and run the bike for about 5 minutes to all the sabilized fuel to circulate through the pump and injectors. Stabilizers generally work for about 6 months depending on temperatures.

Ethanol (Alcohol) attracts moisture and causes rust and other problems.

Old 07-06-2013, 08:08 AM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by chrslefty
Well I drained the tank and soaked the injectors. Put some fresh gas in and she fired right up.
Thanks for your help.
Glad you got everything squared away. Now go out and enjoy it. You should be good to go from here.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:56 AM
chrslefty
6th Gear

That's what im trying to do.
So I was thinking about running so sea foam through it also. But im not sure if it will be a issue with a motor that has been warmed over . The injectors had some build up around them but the spray nosels looked good .just wondering abot the combustion chambers. The motor has 11000 miles on it.but has had some recent head work done to it .
Sorry long night at work .
Here's a pic of the scooter.
Short verison seaform yea or nay ?

Old 07-06-2013, 11:59 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 968 Likes on 731 Posts

Use the Seafoam in at least one tank of gas, if not 2 tanks, it can only help. Since the bike was sitting it will work in places you can't see. Ride it fairly hard unless you do that anyway.
BTW, nice looking bike!

Quick Reply: 06 lowrider won't start.