Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel programmer advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 10:31 AM
JCozz
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel programmer advice

I've had my '12 Street Bob for 2 years now. I've put on a Screaming Eagle air filter on it, Vance and Hines Short Shots and a Stage 1 download. It runs great and am very happy with the power. However, it has a lot of decel pop. I thought the download would help, but it didn't at all. The dealer said it wouldn't hurt anything, and it hasn't in 9000 miles. I want to get a fuel tuner. I don't want to go any further with engine mods, I just want to get rid of the decel popping. I have it narrowed down to either the Fuelpak or the Fuel moto micro. Any opinions would be helpful. Thanks for the help!

Old 06-21-2013, 10:44 AM
KEYBEAR
Road Master

If you have a lot of decel pop It,s not running great ? I to was looking at a fuel tuner .
But I would like to do more I like more control of my bike . I bought the power vision from fuel moto a little more money but very nice .

Old 06-21-2013, 11:14 AM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the micro tuner. It works great for what it is. You gets maps from FuelMoto, they have tons. Plus you can make adjustments right on the tuner itself to really fine tune what you need. I have almost no popping on decel.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:48 PM
CADguy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a FuelPak on my bike, no decel pop. Customer Service from V&H was excellent too. I'm sure either way you go you will be happy.

Old 06-21-2013, 01:09 PM
Flight Risk 103
Advanced

With just slips ons I had decel pop. After adding intake and FuelPak, no more pop and bike runs better overall. Easy, and not too tough on the wallet.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:49 PM
FXDWG12
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm no profesional, but I don't think that it's a good idea to put a piggy-back style tuner on top of a Stage 1 download. I think that your going to be stuck with buying a more advanced "programable" tuner.

Old 06-21-2013, 04:28 PM
Flight Risk 103
Advanced

The other day when I went to the V&H website to get the map for my Fuel Pak it had pull downs with choices for the exhaust, intake, and ECU that you're running. The choices for the ECU were stock or with Stage One download. I was impressed. Didn't expect to see that....

Old 06-21-2013, 04:38 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You can get it dyno tuned for under 500 bucks without buying a tuner. If you find the right guy to do it then it will be dialed into perfection with no fuss.

Old 06-21-2013, 04:48 PM
KEYBEAR
Road Master

Originally Posted by rooti
You can get it dyno tuned for under 500 bucks without buying a tuner. If you find the right guy to do it then it will be dialed into perfection with no fuss.
Yes you can have a Dyno tune and you may get a good tune ?? If you get a wrench that knows what he is doing and if he is not pissed about something and if you never ever change anything ever . Or you can buy a good tuner from a good company and do anything you like at any time you like .

But you will never ever change anything RIGHT ??

Old 06-21-2013, 05:09 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The OP stated he is doing no more engine mods...Finding a quality dyno tuner is the key, but if you find one in your area then it will be spot on.

The "auto tuners" will not be as good of a tune

Quick Reply: Fuel programmer advice