Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Pressure Scare

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 10:37 AM
dirtfarmer
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oil Pressure Scare

After having some handling issues with my WG, (fall-away test really helped) and my Father passing away, I've been off the bike for a month. Well, I finally had enough and needed a to escape for a while. I had a perfect Saturday to ride so I took off. About 100 mile from home, I decide to stop for food and fuel. At the first stoplight, I glance down at my oil pressure gauge and its sitting a needle width below 0. I freak out, shut the bike off, and push it over to the side of the road. I checked the oil before I left and didn't see any signs of a leak. I checked it again and it was still full. Started it back up and it was showing right at 0 idling and 10 psi at 2000. I shut it back off and start looking. WELL, to make a long story short, the little pin in the gauge to stop it at 0 came out. It was going past 0 to almost 60. After thinking about it after I got home, I didn't see the oil light come on so I shouldn't have panicked. Just years of watching oil pressure gauges and a few bad experiences kicked in I guess. Thanks for letting me vent.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:09 PM
croyalc
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your Dad; glad you are back on the bike and glad it wasn't as bad ad originally thought. I'm new to Harley Davidson, is that a common problem with various gauges? i have never heard of that issue before.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:43 PM
dirtfarmer
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was a new one on me too. I guess with cheap gauges, anything is possible.