Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All I want for my B-Day is my bike running

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 12:26 PM
HeadoftheDragon
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All I want for my B-Day is my bike running

Hey guys, new to the forum as a poster, but have been using this place as an AWESOME tool for info with my '07 Dyna SuperGlide. Needing H-E-L-P!!!

Problem #1: Swapped my ape hangers out for some RSD apes of the same length. Went off without a hitch until it came to reconnecting the wires going from the grips. Threaded them back through the bars, but now I'm having one heck of a time with the Molex connectors. When I took the old apes off, I was able to just pull the wires out of the back of the molex connectors with no issue. The problem now is putting them BACK in. What's the easiest way to do this? I've been using needlenose pliers to push all of them back through the holes, but one or two won't go in all the way and the wires are starting to get bent and bunched up in my effort. Some of the prongs aren't all the way pushed through (about half the length compared to the others), so when I connect the two Molex ends nothing happens when I turn my bike on except the turn signals and Speedo lights come on. No head light, no starter, nothing.

Problem #2: Bought my Dyna used. It came with a Power Commander 3 installed and the owner included cd and everything with it. Before I tackled the handlebar swap, I tried remapping the PC3 because of the RSD air cleaner I recently added. Next thing I know, my bike won't start because the battery is drained. Power Commander keeps giving me a "map send failure" message. Charge the battery to see if that will resolve the issue, but while I was doing that I decided to start tackling the handlebar swap. Even though the wiring from the controls to the bike was disconnected, I still thought I'd give remapping it again another shot since it got charged. STILL says "map send failure." Could this be related to the wiring to the controls not being reconnected?

Any help would be appreciated. I've done thread search upon thread search regarding the Molex connectors, and pretty much all I can find are ways to take them apart, but nothing on reconnecting everything. About at my wit's end and ready to just put it on a trailer and take it to the stealership.

Last edited by HeadoftheDragon; 06-23-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:55 PM
TomboAT65
Tourer
Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Problem 1: Check the prongs on the pins and make sure they are flared out slightly. And use a scribe or small flat head and try and push the pin in, not the wires.

Problem 2: is it a PC3 or PCV, if its a V you don't have to power the bike on it will power through USB. If its a 3 you might want to call dyno jet, and see what they say.

Hope it helps and good luck.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:16 PM
HeadoftheDragon
Stage III

Originally Posted by TomboAT65
Problem 1: Check the prongs on the pins and make sure they are flared out slightly. And use a scribe or small flat head and try and push the pin in, not the wires.

Problem 2: is it a PC3 or PCV, if its a V you don't have to power the bike on it will power through USB. If its a 3 you might want to call dyno jet, and see what they say.

Hope it helps and good luck.
It's a PC3, sorry I left that out. I tried it with the 9-volt adapter and also with the key turned in the ignition. No luck either way.

Old 06-23-2013, 04:06 PM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior
Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Make sure the wires are going in the correct way, sometimes turning the pins around helps to align them

Old 06-26-2013, 10:12 AM
HeadoftheDragon
Stage III

I'm trying to get the pins back through the connector and am having to work them awfully hard to go through. The wires are starting to get bent at the base of the pins where I've had to use needle nose pliers to push them in. When the heads of the pins are all through how far should they be sticking through the holes? When it looked like I had them back in I reconnected the molex connectors and no dice when I out the key in to start her up. Now when I try to pull the wires back out to start over they won't budge, but I'm afraid to try to push them through any more or risk the integrity of the wires by bending them more. So close to putting it on the trailer and taking it to the dealer...