Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ready for the long haul!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 02:35 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Ready for the long haul!

Well guys, I am think I am pretty much ready to make that ride from Pensacola, FL to San Diego, CA! New rubber front and rear, fresh fluids, new rear pads, tool kit built and installed a cruise-mate to give my throttle hand a break every once in a while.

I got two buddies making part of the trip with me, one to Mississippi (not that far), but the other is going with me all the way to Junction, TX.

Wifey bought me a camelback for Fathers Day so I can stay hydrated. I will carry some extra fuel in a Monster can like someone else on here had mentioned.

I made a trip from Everett, WA to San Diego on my Yamaha FZ1. Not quite as far but surely this trip will be a lot more comfortable!

Any last minute tips you may have Id appreciate it. I will be bringing along a camera, hopefully get some cool shots along the way.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:50 PM
Two Lane Tramp
Road Master
Received 268 Likes on 158 Posts

Did you have your bike blessed? Maybe have a pastor say a little prayer for road safty. There are some real hazards out there as I am sure you know. Good luck

Old 06-24-2013, 02:59 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master

Originally Posted by Two Lane Tramp
Did you have your bike blessed? Maybe have a pastor say a little prayer for road safty. There are some real hazards out there as I am sure you know. Good luck
I got my bell, but no blessing yet, good idea! The guy that I will be renting a room from is a pastor, dont know why I didnt think of it before?

Old 06-24-2013, 03:18 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Sounds like fun.

Point 1. Just so you know, the distance from Beaumont Texas to El Paso Texas is great that the distance from Jacksonville to Beaumont, and its greater than the distance from El Paso to the Pacific. You're going to see a whole heap of Taxas!

Point 2. In july and August, Texas is hotter than the jumper cables at an Indian softball game!

A bunch of great stuff to see though. Enjoy yourself first, then worry about making good time.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:25 PM
butch patrick
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many miles and how long will it take you to make this trip? Is this strictly for pleasure? I cannot imagine doing something like that, given that the most I have ridden in a day is 230 miles. Good luck and may God be with you and keep you safe.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:32 PM
mirrmu
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Hi,

Yeah all the best, keep us updated as you go if possible
Thanks
Mirrmu

Old 06-24-2013, 03:37 PM
CB024
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely keep us posted on how this goes for you. I am considering doing a trip from here in AZ to Georgia & back over a 2 week period next May. I'm excited to here about your trip.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:59 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

As long as the weather cooperates, that sounds like a blast! Be safe and ride like your life depends on it (cause it does)!

Old 06-24-2013, 05:22 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master

Originally Posted by butch patrick
How many miles and how long will it take you to make this trip? Is this strictly for pleasure? I cannot imagine doing something like that, given that the most I have ridden in a day is 230 miles. Good luck and may God be with you and keep you safe.

About 2K miles. I plan on making it to Cali in 5 days, but I have an extra 3 days built in case of emergencies and crappy weather. I do have a rain suit and will ride in the rain as long as its not crazy. This is for business; I am being stationed in San Diego.

The first two days I will be sticking to a tight schedule because of my buddies coming along with me. After that I can pretty much go at my own pace, but the plan is 6 hours or 400 miles a day.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:23 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master

I will try to remember to make a post every night along the way. I will probably start a new thread though, I dont leave till July 6th.

Quick Reply: Ready for the long haul!