Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Harley

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 07:39 PM
Mogee
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Harley

Hello all. Just wanted to post up a pic of my first Harley. A lot of the posts on here helped me to consider a dyna when I was deciding which bike to purchase. Thought I was going to buy the Softail Slim, but I fell in love with this:

Old 06-24-2013, 08:03 PM
Calif Fat Bob
Road Warrior
Received 1,634 Likes on 856 Posts

Very nice there Sir. Can I asked what swayed you? I'm trying to decide between the Slim and Street Bob. Rode them both again this weekend and still having a hard time deciding

Old 06-24-2013, 08:12 PM
Royce
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Very nice, welcome to the Dyna family!

Old 06-24-2013, 08:18 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Nice bike Mogee. Welcome!

The Slim is a nice bike too. I was close to getting it, but the Dyna handling sold me on my Street Bob. Dynas just feel more planted. The Slim floorboards had my knees under my chin too. That didnt help. Of course they can be changed. Either bike is way cool though.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:25 PM
Mogee
Intermediate

Thanks. I had it narrowed down to the wide glide or the fat bob. I really liked the look of the bob but when I sat on them the wide just fit me better. That and I love that sick blue flame job. I think that for 2up the dyna is going to be better than the slim.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:32 PM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,634 Likes on 782 Posts
Default Slim or Dyna help

Originally Posted by Calif Slim
Very nice there Sir. Can I asked what swayed you? I'm trying to decide between the Slim and Street Bob. Rode them both again this weekend and still having a hard time deciding
I, too, was deciding between a Slim and a Dyna (Super Glide Custom). I bought a new Super Glide one week ago after riding them both for a good amount of time. Here is why:
The slim looks very cool. It's low look, however, is a negative when you want to lean into turns. It didn't take much leaning to scrape the floor boards. In addition, if you are thinking of adding a windshield or backrest/luggage rack combo you will ruin the look of the slim.
The other VERY important consideration is the Slim is a Softail which really limits your rideability. In summary the Slim is a cruiser.
The Dyna is fun as you accelerate through the twisties TRYING to scrape the foot pegs. It is MUCH more versatile and is a rider's bike. My new FXDC is the perfect palet to work from as I make it mine. Oh, and they are awesome looking, too.
And Mogee, that IS a sweet ride!!

Last edited by Antonio Balls; 06-24-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:33 PM
Chase1961
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats on your new W/G. Enjoy and ride safe.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:37 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

Nice bike and welcome

Old 06-24-2013, 08:45 PM
kennmoses
Intermediate

I've always liked the looks of the FXD Wide Glide although there has been only 1 in my past line-up. Mine was a '95 which was the year H-D dropped the FXR and started calling them Dyna's. I rode the 600 mile trip to Sturgis quite easily in 1 day more than once. Of course I was younger then. I think you made a good choice.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:48 PM
Frank Castle
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Nice scoot.. love the paint.. welcome to the family.. Dynas are really the best bang for the buck IMHO.. baggers, softies and sporties are all cool too.. but the Dyna has always been the style of bike for me

Quick Reply: First Harley