Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Passenger Pegs or 2-up seat - Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 09:47 PM
bglaze
Advanced
Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts
Default No Passenger Pegs or 2-up seat - Recommendations?

Hey folks, I just bought a 2009 Super Glide (FXD), and it only has the single seat and no passenger pegs installed.

I got a good deal on the bike, and the bike is super clean, so I bought it assuming these would be easy to install.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend to me all the parts I am going to need to get the passenger pegs installed? Also, I don't care if they are official HD parts or not, as long as they are good quality. I am not looking for anything fancy, just the black rubber type that will match the stock front pegs.

Also, I am curious if anyone has seat recommendations? My wife likes to ride with me on short little "ride dates". But we don't plan on going very far any time soon, so the seat doesn't have to be cross-country worthy. At the most our rides are an hour or so long of an evening.

Any recommendations would be awesome!

My dealership quote me $169 just to install the pegs. I figure these would be easy enough to install myself, so I was curious if the pegs and mounts could be found for cheaper.

Of course a seat is going to be pricey. That I do understand.

Thank you!

Old 06-27-2013, 09:50 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

Would just get used pegs/seat off eBay or this forum classifieds. Both are easy installs. Plenty of used FXDC seats that are fine for short rides.

However, would also recommend a sissybar, even if she is going to ride short distances. Just a safety issue.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:52 PM
socialoutcast
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check the classifieds. There are always good deals. As far as seats I just got a Sundowner for the wife and I and its an amazing seat. You can find used ones on ebay easily and they are in good shape. You may have to buy a bumper set to accommodate the seat but they are cheap. All of it will be a snap to install. 5 min tops from start to finish.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:01 PM
Chase1961
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

HD catalog has black wrinkle passenger footpeg support kit for $69.95. Seat I like a Sundowner, very comfortable. +1 on backrest/sissy bar. I have 4 stock footpegs, yours if you want them.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:05 PM
bglaze
Advanced

Chase,

I have heard the sundowners are very comfortable! So, I will definitely look into those.

And yes, I would love those pegs. I should only need 2, I believe. And I am happy to pay you for them! Will message you.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:08 PM
bglaze
Advanced

And thank you guys, I will check classifieds!

Old 06-27-2013, 10:55 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

The Dyna sundower moves you forward. It is a comfortable seat but it will move you forward about 1 1/2 inches. Some folks like it, some don't.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:07 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bglaze
...My dealership quote me $169 just to install the pegs. I figure these would be easy enough to install myself, so I was curious if the pegs and mounts could be found for cheaper.

Of course a seat is going to be pricey. That I do understand.

Thank you!
$169 for 4 bolts, 5 if you count the one in the belt guard? That's crazy.

I am one of the most mechanically-challenged guys on this forum (see my exhaust install post), and it only took me 10 minutes to put mine on.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:14 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

HD peg mounts. For the dealer to charge 169.00 they should be shot. Takes less than 1/2 hour

Old 06-27-2013, 11:18 PM
Firewoman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Agreed on the sissybar. Being a passenger without one not only sucks but it's dangerous.

Make sure the passenger seat you get is wide enough for comfort. I never understood why passenger seats tend to be the size of a maxi pad.

Quick Reply: No Passenger Pegs or 2-up seat - Recommendations?