Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Favorite Dyna?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 12:37 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 238 Likes on 140 Posts
Default Favorite Dyna?

After shooting the bull with two buddies at the local dealership yesterday (one a salesman, the other the finance manager) about how many fat bob's they had sold that week, it surprised me. They sold 4, where I had thought it was one of the less popular dyna's having it's own following of course. This is one of the top selling dealerships in the country and that might not be a lot for that model in a week but still seems it. None the less it led me to this thought, What is everyone's favorite late model Dyna and perhaps even why. Myself it's a toss up. I bought a fat bob for it's unique styling (it's will not get confused with other harley's) broad shouldered front end and the comfort for two up riding. But also the street bob just has that "infinite potential" characteristic that's a major draw.

This is just a casual thread to gather thoughts. If it's a thread killed over 1k times just ignore it.

Old 06-28-2013, 12:59 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

It's a fair question.

In order of preference:
  1. Street Bob. I like the clean-slate appeal, black-out options and just the overall look.
  2. Fat Bob. Great bike. I love the dual discs and fat front tire. I dislike the rear fender, and I prefer a single headlight (although the dual light isn't a negative.) In my purchase decision, I looked at the chrome dash with concern also.
  3. Wide Glide. Probably the best looking Dyna straight from the factory. I didn't want the extra rake or the narrow front wheel.
  4. Superglide Custom. Awesome bike for the guy going chrome. A lot of work for the fan of blacked out stuff.
  5. Switchback. Made for a different buyer. I'm sure it's great, but I don't want or need the windshield and bags. If I were in this market, I'd probably buy a Road King or Heritage Softail.
My perfect factory Dyna?
Street Bob with 16" wheels at both ends, WideGlide forks but without the WG rake. More black options than currently offered (turn signals; bars, levels and controls, rocker boxes, shocks.)

Last edited by SLV; 06-28-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:00 PM
Dguy
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Fat Bob as well. I love the looks. Wide forks, fat front end, drag bars, double light, comfy seat, handling etc. You either love it or hate it...Me? I love it!

Old 06-28-2013, 01:14 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Favorite model dyna bias be damned; My very own FatBobera seen below! 52K miles

Old 06-28-2013, 01:54 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Wide Glide of course! With Street Bob second then Fat Bob, Switchback and Superglide

Old 06-28-2013, 02:05 PM
MA-FXDBI-DB
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I fell in love with the Street Bob the second I saw it. It's the Harley I had been waiting for for so long.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:21 PM
arkstreetbob
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My Street Bob! i also like the Wide Glide.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:38 PM
HyperM3
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

I must have sat on every bike at the dealership(twice!) before deciding to take a FatBob on a demo ride. Its the only one that spoke to me when I sat on it, and after the ride I was hooked and ordered one.

So far, I love it more because in the past few bike nights Ive gone to(75-100+ Bikes), I've been the only FatBob there. Instantly recognizable in the sea of single headlights.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:42 PM
ringofld
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The one sitting in my garage

Old 06-28-2013, 02:44 PM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

I have had 3 Dynas in the last 8 years, 2005 FXD, 2006 FXDWG AND THE 2009 FXDF. I have liked them all, some a little better than others. My favorite is the Fat Bob.

Quick Reply: Favorite Dyna?