Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone keep their Sporster when getting a Dyna?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 09:25 AM
MrPeepers
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone keep their Sporster when getting a Dyna?

I was looking through some of the pictures on this forum and in a couple of shots I saw the Dyna with a Sportster in the background.

If you have a Dyna (or even a Softail), why would anyone keep a Sportster?

The Dynas have bigger motors, ride better, and are nearly just a nimble..

Old 06-30-2013, 09:31 AM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 238 Likes on 140 Posts

I wanted to keep mine when I picked up my fat bob but just wasn't in the cards. I picked up the dyna for more room for the little woman and to be so big and heavy it's very nimble. My sportster was like a small street bob all in all and it felt like it. Can't quite put my finger on it but there's just something about riding the sportster. I still miss it on occassion.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:36 AM
Wakko47
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Same, I Would have liked to have kept mine as well but just oculdn't afford it. There's something fun about riding a Sporty that you don't get with the Dyna.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:13 AM
Imold
another old guy

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,726 Posts

Not the same as a Dyna, I know, but when I got my Tour Glide, never even considered giving up the sporty (1200). I'd thought about getting a Dyna, for a more comfortable touring ride, but then I wouldn't have the best of either world, decided a full tourer and the sporty was the best deal.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:21 AM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,635 Likes on 783 Posts
Default Agree

Originally Posted by Imold
Not the same as a Dyna, I know, but when I got my Tour Glide, never even considered giving up the sporty (1200). I'd thought about getting a Dyna, for a more comfortable touring ride, but then I wouldn't have the best of either world, decided a full tourer and the sporty was the best deal.
Before my Road King was drowned by Sandy I was thisclose to buying a Sporty for around town blasts. However, without a tourer in my garage I opted for a new Super Glide which is a perfect compromise between a big touring machine and a nimble Sporty. Of course, that is my humble opinion.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:32 AM
Imold
another old guy

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,726 Posts

Originally Posted by Antonio *****
Before my Road King was drowned by Sandy I was thisclose to buying a Sporty for around town blasts. However, without a tourer in my garage I opted for a new Super Glide which is a perfect compromise between a big touring machine and a nimble Sporty. Of course, that is my humble opinion.
I think that's what I would have done if I couldn't have kept the sporty. I didn't get new, though, all 3 of my Harleys cost less than a new Super Glide.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:01 PM
CajunGlide03
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Imold
I think that's what I would have done if I couldn't have kept the sporty. I didn't get new, though, all 3 of my Harleys cost less than a new Super Glide.
I think its' a sickness. Kept my Super Glide when I got my Road King but now that you brought it up, I sure would like to have a Sportster...

Old 06-30-2013, 08:10 PM
clout2301
Tourer

I wanted to keep my sportster when I got my dyna but I ended up trading the sporster in for the dyna. Kinda kick myself cuz now the wife wants to get her mc license now

Old 06-30-2013, 08:15 PM
Harleycruiser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I kept mine when I got my Fat, then twice the insurance, twice as many bikes to wash, maintain, ended up being more work than enjoyment, so sold it after about six months.
I miss it once in a while, but...........

Old 06-30-2013, 08:17 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,095 Likes on 1,911 Posts

To put it another way, why would you get rid of any Harley you had if you didn't have too?

The following users liked this post:
tbeatybeaty (08-31-2021)

Quick Reply: Anyone keep their Sporster when getting a Dyna?