Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone have Cycle Shack 3" mufflers on FXDB?

Old 07-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Mr.Sportster
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have Cycle Shack 3" mufflers on FXDB?

Im currently looking at the "Cycle Shack 3in. Slip-On Mufflers - Slash Down MHD-328"

I see in the photo the heat shields for the exhaust are off. Does anyone have problems putting the stock head shields back on, or do i need to purchase another clamp? I read some people had problems on some bikes needing new clamps but it wasnt bike specific..

I know the 2 1/2 dont have any problems but was wondering if id be ok with the 3 inch slip ones..

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:11 PM
Black Bart
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Give it a shot. Clamps are not expensive if you need them. Let us know how the 3" mufflers work out and how they sound.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:12 PM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Sportster
Im currently looking at the "Cycle Shack 3in. Slip-On Mufflers - Slash Down MHD-328"

I see in the photo the heat shields for the exhaust are off. Does anyone have problems putting the stock head shields back on, or do i need to purchase another clamp? I read some people had problems on some bikes needing new clamps but it wasnt bike specific..

I know the 2 1/2 dont have any problems but was wondering if id be ok with the 3 inch slip ones..

Thanks in advance.
I put the 3" tapered on an 06 Wide Glide I had and nothing else was needed. Heat shields attached with stock clamps. They sound great!

Attached Thumbnails anyone have Cycle Shack 3" mufflers on FXDB?-2006-wide-glide.jpg  
Old 07-06-2013, 11:30 PM
Mr.Sportster
Advanced

Originally Posted by Black Bart
Give it a shot. Clamps are not expensive if you need them. Let us know how the 3" mufflers work out and how they sound.
Thanks!! i havnt bought it yet, not till august.. Just trying to stay ahead and make sure i made the correct choice.

Originally Posted by atrox88
I put the 3" tapered on an 06 Wide Glide I had and nothing else was needed. Heat shields attached with stock clamps. They sound great!
Thank you!!! Good to hear..

Old 07-07-2013, 08:07 PM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,629 Likes on 779 Posts

What would the difference in sound and performance be between the 3 inch and 2.5 inch?

Old 07-20-2013, 08:26 AM
Mr.Sportster
Advanced

Honestly i have no clue.. i really just want a louder exhaust.. even 1 HP gain would be fine with me lol..

But i decided to go with the V&H short shots.. i can get them for 100 dollars more than the 3 inch slip ons..

Picking up a set in 2 weeks..

Old 07-20-2013, 01:01 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 967 Likes on 730 Posts

I put on Screamin Eagle II slipons, which are pretty much the same as the 3" Cycle Shacks. I had the 2.5" CS (in my sig) before, and the SEII's are about the same loudness but have a deeper sound.
With the short shots, don't expect any power gain, you might even lose a little low end.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:28 PM
Mr.Sportster
Advanced

Originally Posted by nevil
I put on Screamin Eagle II slipons, which are pretty much the same as the 3" Cycle Shacks. I had the 2.5" CS (in my sig) before, and the SEII's are about the same loudness but have a deeper sound.
With the short shots, don't expect any power gain, you might even lose a little low end.
I figured when i put in a high flow intake and a tune id have a tad more power then stock.. really just want the bike to breath better and have a nice sound with good looks (also the price is right).. higher performance isnt super important to me.. Ive also read adding the quiet baffles brings any missing low end back..

Old 07-20-2013, 02:30 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 967 Likes on 730 Posts

You'll definitely pick up more power with an intake and a tune. The CS are a lot easier to tune than the Short Shots, and for me they sound better, but you should get whatever exhaust you like the best. The quiet baffles will help, but you also might want to check out the BCT QQ baffles.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:40 PM
Mr.Sportster
Advanced

Originally Posted by nevil
You'll definitely pick up more power with an intake and a tune. The CS are a lot easier to tune than the Short Shots, and for me they sound better, but you should get whatever exhaust you like the best. The quiet baffles will help, but you also might want to check out the BCT QQ baffles.
Thank you, i appreciate the help.. Really what i want is the big radius 2-2... I love the looks and sound of them, but new they are slightly out of my budget.. Im looking for a used pair.. Wifey is telling me to be patient and hold off till i find a set of used ones..

I saw the BCT QQs, those look nice!! Tuning will be a big deal at somepoint. So maybe ill just hold off for now.. i really want the BR2-2 lol..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: anyone have Cycle Shack 3" mufflers on FXDB?