Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

corbin seat or c&c?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 12:30 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

Same experience as Jesse. My '92 FXR has a Corbin that is firm, but the most comfortable fit of any seat I've ever had. All day comfort for sure. It also over 20 years old and holding up perfectly. Top quality leather and build.

Old 04-21-2015, 01:49 PM
ghicks80
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So far I love my c&c fastback but not had a long run yet. First week of May I am going to be riding the Natchez trace from Nashville all the way down to Mississippi and maybe into Texas or Louisiana and back I will find out then how much I love or hate it.

Old 04-26-2015, 09:06 AM
desertwolf
Road Master
Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

I will never buy a Corbin again after my experience with their customer service. I did the ride in. I paid for them to send back my stock seat. The bike was 2 months old so the stock seat was like new. I never recieved my seat back. 8 months of phone calls that were put on eternal hold to avoid the issue. Emails never answered. When i actually was able to talk to someone i told them i wanted to be compensated 100.00 for them losing my seat and the guy proceded to tell me a stock seat is not worth 100.00. A stock seat is only worth 20.00 is what I was told. Then after 8 months and telling them I was going to file suit, they "find" my seat. The seat I was sent was for a different model. Never again.
C&C seats are a pleasure to work with. Their quality is the same as Corbin and they don't over charge for them.

Old 04-26-2015, 09:53 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

I had great luck with Corbin. My wife got one and I got one. We rode in for them also. Neither of us wanted our stock seats back though. To an aftermarket seat company they probably are worth 20 bucks.
Corbin seats are a bit firm but they do break in. Paperwork says it too. I recommend Corbin seats to my friends. If I get a different bike I will definitely be installing another Corbin seat.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:19 AM
desertwolf
Road Master
Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

It was the 8 months of trying to get an answer. Of them dodging phone calls. Not returning an email. They didn't even offer to refund the 30.00 dollars I paid to have it shipped back. There's a way to handle things customer service wise and that was not it.

Old 04-26-2015, 01:26 PM
wyotana
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I've heard great things about corbin seats although i've never personally owned on. The one thing i've heard is try and find it used or through another vendor because their customer service is garbage.

I bought a C&C fastback in October, love the look and its very comfortable for me. I had a great experience with Chuck and I know most people have (I've seen a few posts with some very unhappy customers however, but its like that with any service or product I suppose).

Old 04-27-2015, 09:01 PM
Carl '69
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 694 Likes on 338 Posts

I ran a Corbin Gunfighter on my old Sporty. Loved that seat. Rode NC to Sturgis & back the long way & zero monkey but. Very comfortable.

I've got a C&C Sport Tour on my FXD & love it as well. Not as firm as the Corbin, but firm enough & just as comfortable. Fit & finish equal to the Corbin, IMO.

Would've gone Corbin for the Super Glide, but have heard too many stories about CS issues, screwed up orders, etc. Took a chance on C&C & couldn't be happier. Great to deal with, sent me some leather swatches to make sure I got what I wanted.

Got my seat done up with brown leather seating, diamond-tuck stitching & sissybar pad covered to match for less than a bone-stock Corbin would run. And, when C&C goofed & used the wrong leather on the pad, I had a return shipping label in my in-box before we got off the phone.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:13 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

Like I said I had good service, but I did go to Corbin's shop. What I've heard bad of them is not at the shop. If you do choose a Corbin then go to the shop. You can also pick out everything you want. Leather, vinyl, texture, stitching, etc. You will have to get stitching on the seat pan area since Commiefornia won't let them use glue anymore.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:35 PM
FrankDaTank182
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had great customer service with Corbin. With the exception of them not sending the back support I ordered, but when I checked my bank statement, I hadn't paid for the backrest. They said somehow someone missed that part of the invoice, but could rush process me the backrest at a discounted price and free shipping. But the seat had enough support for me, I find I don't need the backrest. Great seat!

Old 04-28-2015, 10:31 AM
Rowdy Fetus
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got my C&C in the mail yesterday. Chuck is awesome and this seat is exactly what I wanted. Comfortable and good quality. It's the fast back model.

Attached Thumbnails corbin seat or c&c?-img_0029.jpg   corbin seat or c&c?-img_0028.jpg   corbin seat or c&c?-img_0027.jpg  

Quick Reply: corbin seat or c&c?