Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brakes and poly bushings=good, easy upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 12:25 AM
copaup
Advanced
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Brakes and poly bushings=good, easy upgrade

Couple of minor upgrades today. Replaced my stock brake pads with Lyndall Z Plus pads. Fairly smooth process except for some profanity being required to dislodge one of the pads from the clip inside the piston and then getting the replacement to seat all the way. Pleased I did it as the brakes now just feel better. It's hard to explain, but the brake feel inspires a bit more confidence that it isn't going to lock up when I grab a handful of front brake. It's not the dual discs I had on the old V Rod, but it's better than it was.

Second upgrade was even easier and made a more noticeable improvement. I replaced my rather worn as squishy riser bushings with poly bushings. Mainly I was tired of my bars drifting off kilter from the soft bushings compressing while on the stand. The change not only achieved that goal but substantially improved the feel of the steering. I didn't realize just how badly gone those rubber bushings were. By far the best ten dollars I've ever spent on bike related stuff. Yes, the bars vibrate a bit more, but not enough to matter. Still can't feel any buzz through gloves.

Next week I swap out the original 2009 vintage tires. I got the bike back in December from a friend who had only put 2400 miles on it. I just hit 5500 and the tires still have tread but feel like I'm riding on glass if there is any rain at all. Since my last bike met its end due to slick road and old tires I've decided to be proactive. I've got a brand new set of Commander 2s to try out as soon as I can get a shop to mount em for me.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:37 AM
latrobedyna
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Them poly Bushing's rock. Wish the would just use them as stock bushing's. But i guess they want you to buy all this stuff afterwards.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:30 AM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

I agree on both upgrades. But I switched from 14" to 18" bars and had a bit of flex when braking hard with the poly bushings, so went with solid bushings. No flex at all, except from the bars.