Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Dyna Glide Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, FXR Super Glide, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by: True-Track Inc.

P

Old 08-09-2013, 03:35 AM
New Guy
Default One Baffle - with active exhaust

Advice please

I have a 2011 Wide Glide with Vance & Hines Slip ons. Tommy gun with this active exhaust

I was thinking.. if I took out the baffle on the active exhaust (the top one) surely the active exhaust will provide the back pressure? I took it out it sounds ok , one baffle in one baffle out. ?

Any views would be great

Many thanks

Cogs
Old 08-09-2013, 04:47 AM
Road Warrior

Most people just jam the active exhaust valve open.

I doubt it will give much in the way of back pressure anyway because its usually open at speed i.e. when you want the back pressure.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:39 AM
Road Warrior

I bought a device from kess tech that with a switch I can select between "normal" operation of active exhaust or "always open". I tested both ways several time, the active exhaust does work at speed under acceleration closing the valve at some speed or rev intervals. It is very obvious the lack of power with the valve closed. Therefore it doesn't provide backpressure, it just chokes the fumes on the way out reducing power. I'd suggest you try to find out...
Old 08-09-2013, 11:39 AM

P