Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knocking noise in front Cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 11:15 AM
05dynaman
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knocking noise in front Cylinder

Hey y'all. I have an 05 dyna wide glide. Fuel injected 88 c.i. So there is this knocking noise in the front cylinder up in the rocker box. Had a couple of mechanics tell me it was the tapit rollers because a lifter possibly went bad and or the cam chain tensioner shoes..... i thought hmm seems like the sound would come from that area..... so i just decided to check it all out. I replaced all four tapit rollers and luckily i checked the cam chain tensioner shoes. the inner shoe was about smoked and that would of been bad news for me. Replaced the cam bearings as well while i was in there. Put it all back together new oil and fired up just fine. Runs great but still the knocking noise in rocker box in the front cylinder. Anybody else chasing a similiar noise or solved the problem?? The kncoking noise speeds up and down with rpm speed. I'm thinking rocker arm...... bout to tear into the head soon.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:29 AM
Big Blue Electra
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Matt I have a 06 Electra Glide Std. Last year of the 88 , I too have a knocking noise . I thought it was from my rear cylinder , but had my mechanic look at it , and he thinks its from the front , he thinks not enough oil is getting to the rockers . He told me to use Ames oil , going to pick some up for Monday , because he is going to tear it down a bit to see if he can find anything ! I'll keep you up dated ! We thought it might be cam chain guides , but he know doesn't , after listening to it . I only have put about 2700 miles since I got it , so this is a bummer ! Bike only has about 18,500 on it ! Keep you updated .

Old 09-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Big Blue Electra
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You won't believe this man what a blessing , the noise. Was a rattle the bar under my left saddlebag was loose alttle bit , and was amplified by the bag . 3/8 of a turn and rattle was gone , boy am I glad it wasn't a rocker or time chain glide ! Thank You Lord.

The following users liked this post:
head (12-05-2021)