Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horrible timing for bike problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 07:23 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Horrible timing for bike problems

Well, as my life has been going this summer, more bad timing happened this weekend. Bike started running like crap on Friday night, front cylinder intermittently firing, cutting in and out.

So far I took the tank off, scoured and cleaned it out, replaced petcock assembly, replaced plugs and wires, all of this because at first I thought it was a fuel issue.

The next day after I reassembled I realized it was actually a cylinder cutting in and out, could be coil or ignition module I guess, or a short somewhere. Battery is holding a charge fine, all cables are tight, I am really hoping it is just the coil since the TwinTec ignition is pricey and already tuned for the motor and cams.

I don't have the time to troubleshoot anymore this week so I dropped it at my buddy's garage, he built the motor.

The timing is just peachy since I'm supposed to head out on a 2 week bike tour of New England on Saturday. I guess on the positive, it didn't crap out on me while out on the road.