Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experience with Sick Saddles?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 03:20 PM
Clown Shoes
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Experience with Sick Saddles?

Anyone out there on the interwebs have any experience with Sick Saddles solo seats? I wonder how comfortable they are over long rides. I also wonder if they seat you further back or closer to the controls. I'm 6'4" and don't want to be any closer than I already am. Any input helps! Thanks.

clown

Old 08-14-2013, 03:39 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I love my Sick Saddle.
It's was very reasonably priced and, although they are made to order, it shipped right at the estimated date. I think it took four weeks.

Define "long rides." The seat itself is very comfortable. I can do all-day rides without discomfort as long as I take breaks every 100 miles or so.

I upgraded to leather, but no additional foam or gel. Ed, the Sick Saddle guy, said that he doesn't recommend gel unless you are BIG or do a lot of long days. At the time I bought mine, he hadn't sold enough memory foam to have an opinion.

For my Street Bob, I think the position change was almost nothing. I didn't notice any substantial fwd to aft differences from the stock seat. It is lower than stock by an inch or so. I think Ed can move you back if you request it that way.

Attached Thumbnails Experience with Sick Saddles?-image.jpg  
Old 08-14-2013, 04:01 PM
Clown Shoes
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool, thanks.
As for defining long rides, I mean six or seven hours, mostly on the highway. I'm 6'4", 225. The forward controls do fine for me, and I'm currently running the Mustange Wide Vintage solo, which works just fine as well. I'll have to give him a call. Thanks!

clown

Old 08-14-2013, 04:34 PM
dmoe0826
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm definitely looking at a Sick Saddle because of all the great reviews I've read. I'm wondering how they hold up over time. Anybody have any substantial mileage on theirs?

Old 08-14-2013, 06:21 PM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ed is fantastic to work with and makes a great seat. It will sit you lower than stock, and he can shape it to sir u back or forward. He is truely concerned about customer satisfaction before, during and after the sale. I had a situation where the original seat he sent me just wasn't meshing with the tank like it was supposed to. I sent him a picture, and he immediately told me to send it back to rework. He sent me a second seat that he constructed by having his buddy come over with his dyna to make sure he got it right. He sent the new seat with a paid return label for the old one. Not one excuse or trying to say it's not his problem...he just did what he could to make it right. A real stand up guy and the type of company that I like spending my money with. very comfortable seat, andit seems to get more comfy the more I sit on it.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:42 PM
perfectlyfrank
Advanced

I absolutely love my Sick Saddles seat. I did the vinyl with memory foam, but not gel. I have done a few hours and it was very comfortable.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:02 PM
art0565
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dmoe0826
I'm definitely looking at a Sick Saddle because of all the great reviews I've read. I'm wondering how they hold up over time. Anybody have any substantial mileage on theirs?
I've had my seat for a year and a half and 10000 miles, no issues, if you tell Ed what it is your're looking for in your seat he'll make it for you.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:04 PM
stbob07
Cruiser

Good seat and great to deal with.

Old 08-14-2013, 10:21 PM
MidevilX68
Advanced

I have a brand new one received it Monday I have a bad back can't take 15 minutes on it I got it in leather with the foam gel with flames and a bar and shield in between the flames solo with pillion I paid 430.00 for it if somebody wants it ill sell it for 385.00 didn't mean to I jack but thought I'd save somebody some money

Old 08-14-2013, 10:22 PM
MidevilX68
Advanced

Forgot to mention its for a fat bob

Quick Reply: Experience with Sick Saddles?