Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick detatch sissy bar AND bags at same time??

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 08:07 AM
bschones
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Quick detatch sissy bar AND bags at same time??

is it possible to do this?

I have 2010 SB with the quick detatch kit and currently run the HD quick detatch sissy bar. Would love to add on a set of quick detatch bags for the longer trips while keeping the sissy bar on for the lady. Which bags will look best and work for me? Appreciate the help!

Old 08-15-2013, 09:42 AM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

All of our Dyna bags are detachable and can be used in conjunction with Harley's detachable sissy bar.

Keep ridin'
Garry

Old 08-15-2013, 12:54 PM
Wakko47
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

I'm using EZ Brackets x2. I have a set of bags on one set of brackets and a WW2 ammo can on a second. While the brackets are a bit on the wide side, I can use with the backrest (or detachable tour pack) or not and it takes seconds to swap 'em out. I'm happy with them.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:02 PM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 888 Likes on 533 Posts

I saw on another forum years go where a guy put a piece of steel( 1''x10''or whatever fits inside your bag) and drilled it to attach thru the bags onto the detachable sideplates. Remove the backrest and the bags come off also. I'm guessing the bag guards will stay on the bike...

Old 08-15-2013, 05:51 PM
jpicht
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LeatherPro
All of our Dyna bags are detachable and can be used in conjunction with Harley's detachable sissy bar.

Keep ridin'
Garry
I have Boss Bags (virtually the same as LeatherPro). Here's what they look like with sissybar and without. Both are quick detach.

Quick detatch sissy bar AND bags at same time??-dsc01432.jpg

Quick detatch sissy bar AND bags at same time??-dsc01433.jpg

Quick detatch sissy bar AND bags at same time??-dsc01434.jpg

Quick detatch sissy bar AND bags at same time??-dsc01143.jpg

Quick detatch sissy bar AND bags at same time??-dsc01150.jpg

Old 08-15-2013, 09:22 PM
outlaw16
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bschones, Squidhead and some others have been recently discussing this topic in relation to the Leatherpros FXDXT retro bags. The entire thread is https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...installed.html

Below is the general gist of what applies to running the bags with sissy bar. Again, this is just about the leatherpros bags and Garry's response.

Originally Posted by Qdog002 View Post
I see what you mean. What if you mounted the bags first, then attach the backrest? If that won`t work, then only other option would be to grind down the lever and weld an extension on so the lever would be past the sideplates.
What do you think?
The problem is the bent over "tab" in the handle that we put there to be able to lift the lever up with your fingers. This "tab" doesn't need to be near as big as it is since you can use the leather carrying handle to lift up the lever mechanism. All bags that we are now shipping have a very sort "tab", just big enough to allow you to comfortable push it down into the latched position. The easy fix for the bags out there already is to trim off all but about 1/4" of the "tab" with a hack saw, file off any sharp edges, and touch up with a little black paint. This will give just enough clearance to close the latch with the sissy bar on. You probably still won't have enough room to take the backrest off without removing the bags first though.

Garry