Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&C Sport Tour Fitment Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 12:33 AM
ShiftyCapone
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default C&C Sport Tour Fitment Issues

After talking to quite a few people and reading reviews on here I decided to go with the C&C SportTour on my '13 Wide Glide. Called and spoke with Dave at C&C. Cool guy. He was straightforward and honest with me and wanted to make sure I knew what I was ordering. Seat was at my doorstep a few days later.

The problems started when I went to throw it on my bike. At first, I was going to try and keep the rubber "bumpers" or whatever you wanna call them stuck on the rear fender to keep the seat from scratching up the rear fender. It wouldn't line up well at all. So, I pulled the two sets off closest to the motor and tried again. With the seat slid all the way forward, with the clip locked in under the tank, the mount on the back wouldn't line up. It was about 3/4" too short it seemed. I figured, no big deal, and slid the seat back just enough to get everything to bolt up after pushing the rear down a bit.... Weather was crap so I couldn't do anything other than sit on it for a minute and say, yep it's a seat...seems comfortable

Rode it to work the other night and it felt sloppy as all hell. The seat itself was comfortable, but I could feel my *** shifting the seat under me through turns and with the wind. Got to work and realized that the seat wasn't even touching the frame. I could stick my whole had between the seat and the frame under the rider portion. The seat was basically touching where the frame and tank come together and then the rear fender. That's it...

Spoke with C&C and they were (no surprise) cool about the whole deal. They sent me a return label today to send it back for a full refund. But damn it I wanna keep this seat. Price, comfort and quality are all there. It's bad ***...pun intended

Any Wide Glide owners out there have the C&C Sport Tour? Did you have the same problem? Lemme know....

Old 08-16-2013, 12:33 AM
ShiftyCapone
Tourer

Here are the pics I snapped for C&C...

Attached Thumbnails C&C Sport Tour Fitment Issues-20130815_005730.jpg   C&C Sport Tour Fitment Issues-20130815_005805-picsay.jpg   C&C Sport Tour Fitment Issues-20130815_005914-picsay.jpg   C&C Sport Tour Fitment Issues-20130815_005951-picsay.jpg   C&C Sport Tour Fitment Issues-20130815_010302-picsay.jpg  

Last edited by ShiftyCapone; 08-16-2013 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Uploaded pics
Old 08-16-2013, 08:18 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Buddy runs one on his 2010 FXDWG with no issues, maybe just do an exchange?

Old 08-16-2013, 08:52 AM
Overcast
Cruiser

Dang that's too bad. Like you said, everything sounds perfect except for the mounting. I'd like to see the pics. Did you take some before you sent it back?

Old 08-16-2013, 09:12 AM
G-Lock
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the sport tour on my 2010 fxdwg and it fits perfect.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:32 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Sounds like your seat is for a different model bike. I have one I use on my Fatbob and it fits perfectly. From your post, I can't tell if you took ALL of the rubber bumper blocks off or just the ones closest to the motor. I would say you need to take ALL of them off to let the seat sit properly. Anyway, mine fits just right and it is very comfortable. All day rides with NO complaints (from me OR my passenger babe). Good luck.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:00 PM
Bakdrft
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, I purchased a C&C seat too, I too have fit problems. I emailed C&C and got a strange reply. So I called Dave up he says that they make seat by hand and will have things off a bit. My problem it that the rear flange is off by a good 3/8" to the left. So the seat rides that far to the right. I paid 400.00 dollars for a "hand-made" seat I sure as hell expect it to fit better than it does. So Dave said I could get my money back.. I love the seat and not sure how to convince this guy to straighten the seat or get a new one. Oh, The 1 year warranty. ha, not sure what that means. He said mine was over and he would gladly give me my money back. I bought the seat in May 2013....
Frustrated

Last edited by Bakdrft; 08-16-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Sling Blade 14
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,789 Likes on 931 Posts

I got mine and put it on- I didn't have any issue, but then again it's only a motorcycle.

I alternate between my C&C Sport and their Solo.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:31 PM
ShiftyCapone
Tourer

Well, I went the cheap route and bought some of those wool furniture stickies that you put on the bottom of your chairs. Stacked them up in 2s all around the frame area where the seat was sitting high, and it seems to have fixed the problem... I'm hoping between that and the break-in, she'll be sitting perfect soon...

Old 03-06-2014, 08:56 AM
T-MAC84
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just recieved my c&c sport tour and had the same fitment issue. I have a 2012 wideglide with a fatbob rear fender. I called the company (Dave) and he was unsure of why the fitment was off.He did stand behind his product and offered me a full refund with free return shipping. I wanted to keep the seat so bad i investigated why the fender bolt alignment was off and there was a gap between the frame and seat. I found (forgot) that when my bike was new with the stock seat, there where rubber spacers between the frame and seat. I had removed those when installing for example a mustang seat because the new seat had its own.After reataching the rubber spacers the seat fitment is almost 100 % better.

Quick Reply: C&C Sport Tour Fitment Issues