Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3,000 mile review. 113 ci

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 07:47 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default 3,000 mile review. 113 ci

Back in the winter/spring I did a build for my 05 super glide.
Went to a 113ci form a bone stock 88ci with stage 1 a/c
As time went on during the build I ran out of money and decided since I was going to to wait I decided to do some more work to it than I had originally planed. Plus it took longer than expected for the crank and case work so I went from planned 107 kit to a 113 and went with stage 4 heads with tim.. bearings-lefty, pro clutch, and baker OD6 transmission.
Figured since I had to wait anyway might as well brake the bank you might say.
As comparisons, we have a 2010 wide glide with the ss106 kit with SS585 cams and some head work, for touring we have a 2012 CVO street glide with minor things done. Catless header and PC5 with K&N AC.
The wide glide is strong more so than my CVO 110.
The Wide glide will do 120 without a hiccup. Hurts folks feelings that have Honda VTX 1800's.
The 113 will eat the wide glide any way there is.
The torque is beyond what I had expected. As long as your at none lugging rpm's (2,300) you never even think about changing gears to pass. No reason to gear down unless you want some serious numbers on the speedo. I hit the limiter in 5th at 127mph and still pulling hard in 6th. That was more than enough for me.
It isn't what I can fast, but it is a serious quick bike. It revs like a crotch rocket. Real quick.
Took some adjustments to hit 2nd gear on a launch-mainly me. The tq. is so strong it pushed me back and made it hard to hit second good. Got that worked out.
The next thing I had to work out (me again) was to be lighter on the throttle when 2 up compared to my other bikes. It will stand straight up from power in the first 3 gears when 2 up. Better traction and my passenger being pushed backwards is my guess.
Solo it just spins in first, then pops the front tire in 2nd and continues to spin. 3rd spins slightly and pops the front wheel, and in 4th just pops the front wheel again.
Haven't been able to get it on a track yet. Between weather and responsibilities it just hasn't worked out for me yet.
I was running the Bassani Road Rage 11 (B1), the rear header broke so I went to the V&H pro pipe HS. Bassani is replacing the header so it will go back on soon. The pro pipe gave it more tq. than the Bassani but it was holding it back after 5,000 rpm. The bassani pulled hard all the way to 6,000.
It is a blast to ride but you really have to watch your speed with it. It will have you running 80+- and you want realize it. The Baker OD6 is great. Smooth, quiet, and sifts really great. No effort needed. You have to look at the speedo to make sure your in gear it is that quiet and smooth.
I wanted it look stock in the most part. A sleeper you might say.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:57 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

You really do some miles for having a stable.

That motor seems to be the real deal. I remember hearing it rev in your video. Nice.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:16 PM
vdop
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

What are the specs on it? Squeeze? Cam? Headwork? You have any dyno sheets? Loving mine too, just hit 3k also.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:21 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like a badass bike. I'd love to see a video of it if you got it.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:26 AM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member

Been trying to get to the track, so we can make a video.
Specs...
113 big bore
stage 4 heads
SS585 cams
All tim.. bearings through out.
Welded crank, pinned, trued, balanced
Baker OD6-performance transmission. Custom gearing to raise the first 3 gears
Engine was balanced through out for what needed to be.
Blue printed through out
Custom made Throttle body, blue printed
primo clutch,
My next step is to get a 180 rear end in it.
I will look to see if I have a video still. Lots of folks uses my computer to play games.
Sometimes the kids delete things they shouldn't.

This is when it had around 100 miles on it.
The lope is great now.
The engine was built for torque.
You can hit it in second at 2,000 rpms and it goes wild.
I did a test on our new highway from a stand still. You can see where it was spinning through 1st, 2nd, and part of the way through 3rd with the front tire lifted.
You like wheelies, this one all you have to do is hit it in the first 2 and you automatically have a wheelie. Very controllable.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:12 AM
FXD_noob
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow, other riders will never know what hit 'em! What a setup!

I own an '05 FXD, I hope I can get to do at least half the mods you've done to your bike, good work!

Old 08-22-2013, 07:28 AM
WG2011
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I could only wish down the road maybe, sounds insane

Old 08-22-2013, 09:34 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Bad A$$. That's gotta be a blast to ride!!!

Old 08-22-2013, 10:00 PM
vdop
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I built mine the opposite, for hp. But it still has plenty of torque to pull the front tire at will.
What is the custom throttle body and why?Hpi makes throttle bodies that will way more than support that motor.

Have any dyno sheets? I'm curious how the bassani runs vs the pro pipe

Old 08-22-2013, 10:33 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member

At this point I am using a base tune. My tuner is in the process of moving and adding a newer dyno.
You have good numbers but I do not rely on dyno numbers other than tuning purposes.
You know showing improvements.
Went with a custom throttle body to get what we wanted. We tried several different ones but could not get it to dialed in like we wanted. The exact endings I will have to look up.
I don't believe in dyno's that much. We tune with something very different. it is a whole way. It will be on the market soon. They are finalizing the sales market right now.
If you are involved with pro street tuning-I am sure you are- you will hear about it soon.
My builder is a engineer and was involved in the building and design of the FI/computer that is used in the hd's.
The only real numbers I have is is 104.8 tq. at 2,000 rpms and builds all the way to 6,000 rpm's.
I am short on HP compared to you. I wanted it to pull as soon as the clutch was let out.
It does that.
My cousin came by today on his GL1800 Goldwing. We went to eat and he took off at a stop sign before I let the clutch out. I passed him as soon as I hit second gear. Close to a 1/8 mile and I was at least 8+ bikes in front and walking away.
This is just a toy for me. something to get enjoyment with.
I am not that serious like a lot of folks are. I'm just a country boy having fun in my older age.
I am retired and ride a lot. We usually ride my CVO Street Glide. you know tunes and comfort plus we can do shopping on it. She loves to shop but what woman doesn't LOL.
This is on the hwy 129-Tail of the Dragon

I could have went with different cams and a little head work differently and did a dyno and got some serious numbers. But I love Torque
I live on a mountain and this bike eats it up with ease. Not into wheelies that is for young folks .
When we finish up the tuning I will post it up and I am going to do a dyno run just to see.
Right now I am looking at 120-125 hp with 125-130 torque
I was a professional drag racer for many years and have a real good idea what it is. I raced Ducati's and Kawaski's until I got hurt.
On the street, suzuki M109R's , Honda vtx's, SE 110, They are nothing. They are fun to play with though.

Quick Reply: 3,000 mile review. 113 ci