Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to chat with Ladies who ride Street Bob....

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 05:25 PM
LadyRiderCoach
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to chat with Ladies who ride Street Bob....

Hello Ladies

I posted this same add in the women's only section.

I am looking for upfront and direct information and I know Ladies, you will tell me how it is....

I have a Street Glide which I think is an incredible bike. But lately, I have given considerable thought to trading the lovely beast in for a lighter Dyna.

I live on an island, and the SG is amazing to ride, but it is darn awkward to stop on twisties that are on an incline, on unlevel ground, on gravel, and it is sometimes darn near impossible for me to back it up on gravel and even getting it off the kickstand when on unlevel ground.

Living on a island, unlevel ground and mountainous terrain is a given...as are bear, cougar, elk. Any moment, something can jump out....

But on the highway, in touring mode, it is incredible. But, I don't ride most of the time on the highway and I try to avoid high ways...

I am 5"4 and 120 pounds. I feel I am working hard to manage a huge bike that is so very heavy.

The Street Bob has captured my attention. A vivid black will be arriving to a shop in the next month, and I have put a deposit on it, to hold it until I can try it and make my final decision.

I am wondering about the mini ape bars and also, whether I would be able to touch the ground, without doing a lowering kit, as I am 5"4. I did a lowering kit for a Softail Custom I had, and it compromised the bike too much; affected how much lean the bike could safely do. I don't want to do that again.

I am very interested to hear from the Ladies whom are riding or have riden the Dyna Street Bob. I would use it for touring as well. And, I am keenly interested in its performance. Coming from the Street Glide, I want something I could fall in love with -- in great amounts of passion!

Hugs to all.