Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PV-tired to autotune,bike wouldn't run

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 09:57 AM
tfalcon
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default PV-tired to autotune,bike wouldn't run

I posted this in the power vision thread but got no response, so I'll try in here.

I had issue trying to autotune the other day, and I'm wondering if someone can help me figure it out.

2013 Street Bob 103" FM intake and V&H pro pipe running a FM tune. I enabled auto tune and loaded the copy of the FM tune, started the bike up and it idled fine, went to give it some gas and it pop/sputterd/choked and backfired thru the intake. It would never smooth out. Got worried so I shut it off and just reloaded the FM tune without the auto tune and it ran fine. I went back and watched the video to make sure I was doing it right, and I beleive I was. Another strange thing I noticed was that after I loaded the auto tune, when I turned the bike back on the fuel pump prime sounded very strange.

I've been running the fuel moto tune for about 1500 miles and the bike runs great, just a little bit of decel gurgle but nothing major. I then switched to the dyno jet pre-configured tune for the mods I have and the bike ran about the same but got way better fuel mileage (35 w/the FM and 42 with the DJ) and I got NO decel pop at all. So that's why I was trying to run a couple of auto tune sessions with the FM map just to see if it would help out any. I did not try to auto tune the dyno jet map.

My PV is updated to the latest version.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:04 AM
Simple Man
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you bought from Fuel Moto, call them. They are very helpful.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:55 AM
MuddBugg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so, are your saying that the dynojet map works better for you than the fuelmoto map? is there a way to look at the maps to see what the difference is? maybe in the winpv program? there is a compare function there somewhere, I tried with the an original fuelmoto tune and one that had been altered by autotune, was hard to see any difference other than it changed the displacement value... would be interesting to see what difference with your maps...

Old 08-25-2013, 12:32 PM
tfalcon
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't get that far yet. I'm off tommorrow so I'm gonna give it another try.

The fuel moto tune felt like it had a little more top end, but durring normal riding they both felt about the same...I couldn't really tell that much of a difference except for the fuel mileage. I just thought it was very strange that the bike would not run when I put it to auto tune the fuel moto map, but like I said I'll try again tomorrow. If it does it again ill try it on the dyno jet map. I'll prob end up calling fuel moto anyway just to see what they say.