Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Figured I'd introduce myself... w/ pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 12:05 PM
jcas
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Figured I'd introduce myself... w/ pics

New to Harleys but not motorcycles. My name is Jordan. I'm in the Army, 11b Paratrooper with the 173rd Airborne Brigade stationed in Vicenza, Italy. I'm from Hickory, NC which is where my Dyna is now and will remain until I return back stateside. Been in Italy for about 2 1/2 years and bought my first HD over my last deployment to Afghanistan. It's a 2002 that I bought off recommendation from a friend who had maintained the bike. I decided to buy it and start a bobber project. This was in October 2012 and in May 2013 it was looking good when I went home for leave. There are a few changes that are not shown in these pictures but hopefully soon I can have my friend take some pictures of it for me (it's sitting in his garage right now when I'm not having him do any work on it haha).

Most of my Harley is just modified stock parts. Rear fender rolled forward, brake/clutch levers hand milled, powdercoating. Some interesting things we thought of during the build (and my favorite part about the bike) is using expended ammunition to cover/protect all the bolts on the bike. So, we fired off some 5.56, .45acp, and 12g. Those three casings work perfectly to cover just about every nut/bolt on the entire bike, BTW incase any of you feel you want to do the same in the future.

Mods (If you want to call them that) are Vance and Hines pipes, RSD mini apes, smoked LED turn signals, lowered (I can't remember which kit, it was already on the bike and I plan on replacing it when I get back to the states), fatbob dual headlights, and just some random little things here and there.

ANYWAYS. Here's the pics. Any criticism is welcome! I'm thick skinned. I'm new to this so any information is appreciated.

Not seen in the picture is the seat has changed. Currently is a brown distressed leather springer solo seat. Also has a brown distressed leather swingarm bag and a tool bag behind the springer solo seat in the same brown distressed leather.

Near future changes/mods include: Thunderheaders w/ smoked exhaust wrap. Big bore. Q/D batwing fairing for long rides.

Long term includes: Maybe building/modifying a sidecar to use to bring to shows and what not. Another friend of mine builds custom military themed rat rod trucks and really wants to bring my Dyna to shows with his builds.

Last edited by jcas; 08-25-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:14 PM
RGRHOWARD2084
Intermediate

That's a cool bike man! I have never been a fan of the Army theme bikes but that one is done right. Welcome to the board from another service member.

I may try to go to Italy for my next assignment, my FXR will be with me.... come hell or high water.

Oh and i really dig those bars.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:18 PM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to the boards. love the bike....really cool theme and paint. not sure about the red piece on the front wheel, but other than that i love the look of the whole bike. great job.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:19 PM
cobaltt
Tourer
Received 135 Likes on 67 Posts

Nice Bike, and THANK YOU for your service. stay safe.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:22 PM
jcas
6th Gear

Originally Posted by RGRHOWARD2084
That's a cool bike man! I have never been a fan of the Army theme bikes but that one is done right. Welcome to the board from another service member.

I may try to go to Italy for my next assignment, my FXR will be with me.... come hell or high water.

Oh and i really dig those bars.
TACOMA?! I was with 2nd ID for OEF 9/10! 5/2. Lived on North Fort Lewis from 2008-2011. Come over to Italy man! We've got plenty of room HAHA. BTW- Battery box cover is getting an Indian head patch painted on it very soon. Dunno if you're with 2nd ID or at McChord, either way thank you for your service!

As far as the 'red' front wheel hub goes... I was unsure at first but it really grew on me. I did it to represent the maroon 'color of the Airborne'.

Thank you for the compliments and honesty!

Last edited by jcas; 08-25-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:25 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

Thank you for your service and the bike looks awesome.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:06 PM
RGRHOWARD2084
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jcas
TACOMA?! I was with 2nd ID for OEF 9/10! 5/2. Lived on North Fort Lewis from 2008-2011. Come over to Italy man! We've got plenty of room HAHA. BTW- Battery box cover is getting an Indian head patch painted on it very soon. Dunno if you're with 2nd ID or at McChord, either way thank you for your service!

As far as the 'red' front wheel hub goes... I was unsure at first but it really grew on me. I did it to represent the maroon 'color of the Airborne'.

Thank you for the compliments and honesty!
I think the red hub sets things off just right. Dig the Indian head idea. I have been on Lewis for about 9 years over at 2/75.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:25 PM
jcas
6th Gear

Originally Posted by RGRHOWARD2084
I think the red hub sets things off just right. Dig the Indian head idea. I have been on Lewis for about 9 years over at 2/75.
I have a few friends who were in 2/75. Ever know a SSG Bishop? Definitely a lot of former Regiment guys over here in the 173rd.

There's quite a large H-D following among Italians, and Europeans in general. About 45 minutes away is Jesolo beach, which hosts a couple rally's every summer and has a ton of H-D bikers nearly every time I go. I wish I had mine over here but my apartment has no sort of garage or storage.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:28 PM
markeejay
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi and welcome aboard - really dig your bike and the overall look - a nobly front tire would look great - a Harley version of Steve McQueen's great escape bike.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:31 PM
timfromfc
Cruiser

Your bike looks really cool! The pics next to the plane are awesome! Keep up the mods, thanks your your service, and be safe!!!

Quick Reply: Figured I'd introduce myself... w/ pics