Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil light on after custom dynamics LED install

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 04:43 PM
Blackest
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil light on after custom dynamics LED install

This is a two part question. I replaced my front and rear turn signals with LEDs from custom dynamics and even after installing the load equalizer I still have the dash blinking at double speed. I tried letting the 4 ways go for a few minutes to reset everything but that didnt work. I removed the equalizer because it was just getting extremely hot and doing nothing helpful. So I could use some advice on that. Also I now have the oil light on the dash constantly on but the oil levels are fine. (I didnt go through any trouble shooting past that point yet) The oil light wasnt on before i installed the LEDs. Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Old 08-28-2013, 04:52 PM
elecwiz1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't have any issues changing all my signals to Custom Dynamics LED lights with the load equalizer. . . I would say call them and ask for advice.

As for the oil light, there are a lot of connections and fuses in the area where you were installing that equalizer, I would start going through those looking for something loose.

Old 08-28-2013, 04:54 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

I have the CD r/s/t LED lights too and didn't even try to install the load equalizer. The rapid flashing dash light doesn't bother me at all, as long as the lights themselves flash normal...and they do.

As for the oil light, you got me on that one. You can e-mail CD and see what they say but I can't see how the lights would effect the oil light staying on. Good Luck with that.

Old 08-28-2013, 04:57 PM
Springer4Ever
6th Gear
Default Custom Dynamcis

Hi All,

I have a question related to custom dynamics. Has anyone used the illuminated license plate frame they make with the white LED's for the plate on the top, the tail light/brake light on the bottom, and the turn signals on the sides. It looks cool, but I have an LED light bar for a second brake light on my Springer and it burned out after a couple of years. I do not want to spend the money if it will only last a couple of years. Thanks.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:05 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

I had to get my equalizer replaced,there was a crack in it that didnt show up until I had smudged it with my dirty fingers,tried to wipe it off and then the crack showed up. Their CS is great 100% satisfaction guarantee. Since I'd bought it at my local dealer all I had to do was take it back for replacement.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:42 PM
slozomby
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i seem to remember a reset i had to do after putting the load equalizer on in order to make it stop blinking fast.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:52 PM
elecwiz1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you perform the turn signal synchronization as per step 6 on their instructions? don't know if that is the fast blinking culprit, just wondering

Old 08-28-2013, 07:04 PM
Jason Oates
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just installed the run/brake/turn kit from them and LOVE it! During the process,
I proactively installed the Signal Stablizer from them as well, and there was a "reset" function/sequence that you had to perform. If you haven't already done that, I would, or t least do it again. Then maybe you can call them and see what they say.

Good luck!

Old 08-28-2013, 10:42 PM
brandon95354
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

is it the oil light?? or the red dot light on the speedo?

Old 08-29-2013, 12:40 PM
Blackest
Intermediate

Originally Posted by brandon95354
is it the oil light?? or the red dot light on the speedo?
Its the oil light for sure. I had no "step 6" or reset instructions. I read on here that putting the 4 ways on for about a minute would do the reset but that didn't work for me. I installed everything to CD's directions. Hopefully there is some reset sequence I do not know about and hopefully it will shut off the oil light.

Quick Reply: oil light on after custom dynamics LED install