Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a WideGlide; Dealer discounting 2013's to blow them out the door

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 01:46 AM
CoolWideGlideGuy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a WideGlide; Dealer discounting 2013's to blow them out the door

Well, I walked into the dealer to look at the 2014 bikes and walked out with a new 2013 Wide Glide. My local dealer is discounting left over 2013 bikes $600-$1200 as the 2014's are rolling in.

I was really looking for a black 2014 Wide Glide. But the sales guy was trying to push the 2013's out the door. Told me, and I think he is right, the only real difference between the 2014's and 2013's WG's was ABS standard on 2014's plus a price hike of about $800.

They had a "midnight pearl" with flames. Told the dealer I was looking for black. So, to make the sale he told me $1200 off if you take this one.

So, I took it. Midnight pearl is an awsome color. Hard to describe. Its such a dark blue that its black until the sun comes out and then its an awsome metalic deep blue. Wasn't exactly looking for flames but there they are.

They were also pushing a 2013 Fat Boy. The Fat Boy (Vivid Black) was temping at about $1,500 more than the WG. But since I already have a touring bike, the Fat Boy looked like my touring bike without the luggage. To me, the WG is a much different riding experience. But, for the extra money for the FB, you get a lot more bike.

The WG is fun to ride. But I have to remember that I am now riding a bike with "a girls bicycle tire" in the front. Not sure if you can ride this bike agressively, or if you are going to get a warning before that tire lets loose. Does not seem there is too much rubber on the ground.

After about 300 miles, it's a smooth ride. And, with the 103 motor, plenty of power. The stock exhaust is NOT awesome and you can hardly hear the motor. So, I have some Vance & Hines on the way.

In any case, if you are looking for a new bike, you might want to see what your dealer has in left-over 2013's. Where I am, they are blowing these bikes out the door.

One more comment, I saw some of the colors for 2014. In my opinion, awful. No more "midnight pearl" - glad I got one.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:55 AM
Firewoman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Wide Glides are the best. Enjoy!

Old 08-30-2013, 04:48 AM
crackerbiker
Tourer
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Welcome. You can ride it aggressively. Enjoy.

Old 08-30-2013, 06:14 AM
jaws52
Cruiser

my 13 WG should be delivered to the dealer next week or so and IM STOKED! and have heard the same about the exhaust before, and have looked at slip ons for it

Old 08-30-2013, 06:24 AM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,654 Likes on 796 Posts

Just be aware that some dealers discount the bike but add in freight, setup, etc and you end up paying the MSRP anyway. A true " End Of Model Year" deal will be a healthy discount off MSRP plus tax and tags. That's it...

Old 08-30-2013, 06:26 AM
72olds
Novice

Congrats on the new bike. I just got the exact same one this past weekend. I waited for the 14 colors and didn't like any of them so I just sent a few price request via email and they responded with a great offer. So glade I got the midnight pearl and I already added some VH pipes and it sounds great. I'm coming from an R1 and it does seem a little scary with the small tire up front I guess I just have to get used to it. Enjoy the bike

Old 08-30-2013, 06:52 AM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Congrats on the WG and welcome to the Dyna family! You got the same bike/color that I got. That color is pretty cool. I liked it so much that I kept the base coat color when I had the ghost flames done. And, yes you can ride a Wideglide aggressively.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:21 AM
WG2011
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats on the new rig

Old 08-30-2013, 09:30 AM
CoolWideGlideGuy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jaws52
my 13 WG should be delivered to the dealer next week or so and IM STOKED! and have heard the same about the exhaust before, and have looked at slip ons for it
Well, I have on order the V&H slip-on's. People told me that Rush has a deeper sound and the V&H sound tinny. So, I guess I will find out.

Also, "what people tell me" - is that because there is a cat in the collector (2 into 1 into 2) the sound will be subdued no matter what slip-on I get. Heck.

So, I have a 4.7 gal tank and the yellow low fuel comes on when it only needs 2.8 gal to fill it up. Fuel tank gauge is just touching the start of "empty". Range at yellow light says 39 miles. How does it figure out this range. My touring bike calculates/displays miles per gallon based on my riding and then gives me the range based on my actual riding and the fuel left. I wonder if the ECM's in the Dyna's know a calculated mpg and are not telling us. How else would it calculate an accurate range?

Old 08-30-2013, 10:12 AM
Firewoman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

My fuel light comes on and says I have 39 miles left and that's a big fat lie. For each highway mile I travel it drops by 2-3 miles. I always start looking for fuel when I have 50 miles left.

Quick Reply: Got a WideGlide; Dealer discounting 2013's to blow them out the door