Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PV finally mounted on handlebar permanently

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 11:57 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Talking PV finally mounted on handlebar permanently

Ordered split top clamps a few months back, PV fits right in the center perfectly. It doesn't look too bad at all, at least not sticking up high. I might make a smaller mount in the future, good enough for now! I am looking forward to Autotune and 107 in a couple weeks.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:23 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 969 Likes on 732 Posts

Looks like you figured out a good setup. What I know about the PV isn't much- just what I read here. So what I'm asking you is to explain the advantage of having it mounted on the bike versus hooking it up after some running time to check the tune. I guess it has something to do with the Auto Tune you're getting, but please enlighten me.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:35 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member

To be honest, I didn't want to mount it on the bike at all, it is there for a reason, Autotune pro! I am no expect, read my other post here Some ppl say ok, some ppl say no, I do believe there are some advantages after reading the manual. At least I don't have to mount it, fine tune every month or two as needed.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:24 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Hey 128auto, been on the road the last 4 days but back now and planning on installing my Pro upgrade today! Have you already installed the WBs and everything? It will be interesting to run some ATs with the Pro Version, I think it will be much better.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:33 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member

Hey! I am not going to install Autotune pro till my 107 kit installed. Slow at work this morning so I mounted it on the bar. My AT pro is sitting at the mailbox, I am waiting for FM to ship my 107 kit tomorrow, say about 7 days. Next weekend project, I am excited! I don't want to pull everything out and wait for parts, another month and a half riding north west here. Avoid down time! Stay tuned bro! I know you are excited!

Originally Posted by alansummrs
Hey 128auto, been on the road the last 4 days but back now and planning on installing my Pro upgrade today! Have you already installed the WBs and everything? It will be interesting to run some ATs with the Pro Version, I think it will be much better.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:09 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I see that you are still able to snap it off too easily enough if you needed... Very nice.
It would be nice to see some of the finer details while you're riding...

Old 09-25-2013, 02:42 PM
hboat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nevel-
I love the gauges. I monitor measured (from the O2 sensors) vs specified air/fuel, manifold air pressure (helps me know what regions of my fuel map to work on to balance economy vs. power) and cylinder head temp on my 6 field display. I really like watching head temp--my bike used to run hot. I've seen 330* at the head and 265 oil temp. I finally went w/ a CFS cooling fan and seldom go over 230. I'll try and get a pic of my mount. It's very funky but allows for easy off and on, whether for theft /weather protection or working w/ the unit at a computer.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:00 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

What mount is that? Looking forward to what you think of the 107". Are you doing the heads?

Old 09-25-2013, 03:44 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member

Yeah, I can still take it off and leave the ball stud there, shouldn't say permanently. LOL

Originally Posted by Dynam1te
I see that you are still able to snap it off too easily enough if you needed... Very nice.
It would be nice to see some of the finer details while you're riding...

Old 09-25-2013, 03:46 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member

Definitely! I have a Dakota gauge now but I have to hit the button to switch from one reading to another, it is a bonus to me. Temp is a big thing to watch, you are right!

Originally Posted by hboat
Nevel-
I love the gauges. I monitor measured (from the O2 sensors) vs specified air/fuel, manifold air pressure (helps me know what regions of my fuel map to work on to balance economy vs. power) and cylinder head temp on my 6 field display. I really like watching head temp--my bike used to run hot. I've seen 330* at the head and 265 oil temp. I finally went w/ a CFS cooling fan and seldom go over 230. I'll try and get a pic of my mount. It's very funky but allows for easy off and on, whether for theft /weather protection or working w/ the unit at a computer.

Quick Reply: PV finally mounted on handlebar permanently