Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Dyna Glide Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, FXR Super Glide, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by: True-Track Inc.

Welcome to HDForums.com!

P

Old 09-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Default 21" vs 23" Front Wheel FXDWG

Looking for an aftermarket wheel for my 08. Entertaining the idea of ordering a 23". I saw LooseNoose has one, looks bad ***. Anyone else done this? I am running progressive 11" shocks for the rear. Is it possible to run wider front and rear wheels?
Old 09-25-2013, 09:01 PM
One Of The Regulars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08FXDWG View Post
Looking for an aftermarket wheel for my 08. Entertaining the idea of ordering a 23". I saw LooseNoose has one, looks bad ***. Anyone else done this? I am running progressive 11" shocks for the rear. Is it possible to run wider front and rear wheels?
pm me if you pull the trigger and want to get rid of your stock 21". I may be interested.

thanks
Ken
Old 09-26-2013, 02:44 AM
Road Master

When you order an aftermarket 21 or 23", it will probably be 3.5" wide. So, yes it will be wider. My RideWright 21" is 3.5" and looks a WHOLE lot better than the stock 21" (too skinny).

As for the rear, without a kit, you will need to stay with the stock width.

2012 Wide Glide: MODs-Alot...
Old 09-26-2013, 09:09 AM
Senior Rider

For the rear it depends on what you have now. I have an 18"x5.75" but only 180 tire. On a wg you should be able to fit a 200 no problem. Oh yeah my vote goes for a 23" in the front. If you do go with a 21"x3.5" front, get a 140 tire.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:59 AM
Road Warrior

I'm working on a 23" too. So far, for a chromed aluminum wheel, Colorado Customs offers just about any of their styles (3.75 wide) as complete bolt-on which will work with your stock axle and spacers and brake rotor, for about $1600. No need for a bunch of dinking around. They can also furnish it with a tire mounted and balanced for about $250 more. No fender, that would need to come from another supplier.

On my 2006 WideGlide, I can just slide the fork tubes up in the trees to compensate for the 1" increase in ride height. Don't know about other years.
I believe I also have a little of the rake in the trees, which might help keep the front end geometry from going too far out of whack. Don't know about other years on that either.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:07 AM
Premium Sponsor
Send a message via AIM to Hogpro

23's are 3.75" wide. 21's for the front either come in 2.15, 3, 3.25 or 3.5 depending on brand.
hogpro@gmail.com
Old 09-26-2013, 11:36 AM
Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogpro View Post
23's are 3.75" wide. 21's for the front either come in 2.15, 3, 3.25 or 3.5 depending on brand.
What tire would you recommend? I'd be looking for something that doesn't spread out too flat on a 3.75" wide rim. Would like to keep some sidewall height, and reasonable profile curvature so there's something to run on when cornering hard.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:36 AM

P