Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

14" Z Bar Apes? For my wide glide

Old 10-09-2013, 01:18 PM
CHEE-Z
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14" Z Bar Apes? For my wide glide

Not sure why I'm having trouble finding the pair of bars that I'm picturing for myself.. seeing if you guys have any suggestions. Basically just want a set of 1 1/4" bars stepped down to 1" in controls an mount - in a straight z bar shape in 14". I don't really want the curve in the rise and also just want a plain z not with the old school webbing in the corner. Basically something like in the pics below - but in a 14". 90% of the ones I see are 12" with some 16's also but just not sure if 16 will look right.. on that note if anyone wants to post pics of their z bars on a wide glide or dyna I never get tired of lookin at em! Been pourin through all different pics but haven't seen too many of what im lookin for. If I cant find em I may just go with 14" outlawz which are sick looking bars too but I realy like the straight edge look of the z bars. Todd Cycle has a 13" crossbone for a springer that should work im thinking? Closest thing ive found.

Attached Thumbnails 14" Z Bar Apes? For my wide glide-12toddcycle.jpg   14" Z Bar Apes? For my wide glide-5.jpg   14" Z Bar Apes? For my wide glide-12todds.jpg  
Old 10-09-2013, 03:25 PM
brandon95354
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://zombieperformance.blogspot.com/ i think zombie will custom make bars, i know they used to

Old 10-09-2013, 03:49 PM
CHEE-Z
Cruiser

man that place got some sweet lookin bars! thanks for the link.

Old 10-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I recently had the exact same problem. I went with FMB choppers. They custom make everything to your spec. Height, width, pullback, style. Everything. I got mine powdered by them and shipped within 2 weeks for an unbeatable price. I highly recommend them. Heres my write up:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...and-grips.html

Old 10-09-2013, 04:43 PM
mojo6677
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those bars look like Todd's cycles bars..
Go to www.toddscycles.com you'll find what your looking for there!

Old 10-09-2013, 04:44 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Todd's Cycle

Old 10-09-2013, 04:59 PM
CHEE-Z
Cruiser

thanks gents - yeah I figured those were todds cycles bars but they just make a 12" anyways I emailed them to see what they say.. i think theyd look good but just a tad short. Customs may be a route to go but seems like such a standard lookin bar figured id be able to find one somewhere.. Anyways thx for the tips all i'll figure it out eventually - lookin to get some this winter.

Old 10-09-2013, 05:01 PM
CHEE-Z
Cruiser

thx dynamite hey those came out awesome! Ill definitely check those guys out.

Old 10-09-2013, 05:07 PM
CB024
Road Master

Todd's Cycles makes a great bar. The problem is you are wanting the bars straight up with no curve. Todd's has a curve in the up rights. I ordered their 18's which actually measures out to a little over 15" to the grips. If you are looking for 14's then the Todds 18's might be close enough as far as what you are looking for. There customer service toward me was top notch which is why I ordered from them over some of the others. I love the bars and dont know how I rode without them. I'll never go back to standard bars again.

Attached a pic of my bike. You can see the curve in the up rights. Excuse the mess, I had just finished installing them when I took the pic. I need to get better pictures and will hopefully this weekend. My black fork lowers are coming in tomorrow!!

Attached Thumbnails 14" Z Bar Apes? For my wide glide-todds_apes.jpg  
Old 10-09-2013, 05:28 PM
CHEE-Z
Cruiser

that's the other reason i thought 12 would be too small since the grip is angled itd actually only be a few inches higher than my stock bars i think. yeah they look like nice ones - i guess the "curve" i was referring to was where the bars bend forward or back like the carlinis do.. looks cool but i just wanted more of a simple style.

thanks for the pic - and hey my dad always said a clean garage is the sign of a sick mind so no worries there lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 14" Z Bar Apes? For my wide glide