Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buyers Advice Street Bob/Super Glide

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 12:19 PM
mtnbkr62
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Buyers Advice Street Bob/Super Glide

Ok, So I am about to pull the trigger on a new bike, Long story short I am a Sportster rider that has been bikeless for a bit due to Divorce and Lawyers I am considering another Sportster but I am also opening my thoughts to a Street Bob or Maybe a SGC, Bias aside since this is a Dyna forum, is the Street Bob handle with the nimbleness of the Sportster? I like the idea of a bit bigger bike especially since I have become bigger over the years. I am an older rider in my early 50's so I am looking for a fun yet comfortable ride. I do plan on riding one of the above by just wanted others who may have done the same transition.

Jim

Old 10-11-2013, 12:22 PM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member

Having gone from a Sportster Custom to a Street Bob, it is my opinion the the Bob is just as nimble, faster, and way more comfortable. The rake on the front is longer for the SGC, which in my opinion hinders the handling in comparison to the other bikes mentioned.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:42 PM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,642 Likes on 786 Posts
Default Coin Toss

I am five 5'9" 180 lbs and a couple of years older than you and can say that I love riding my 2013 Super Glide Custom with mid controls. I had the stock seat re-padded at www.meancitycycles.com and I could not be more comfortable. The bike is very nimble in close quarters, loves to lean and is plain fun! If you like chrome get the SGC. If you like blacked out get the Bob. You will be very happy with either.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think you can go wrong with either. Just pick what appeals to you.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:51 PM
ExDucRider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't help you sorry because I do not own either one. But I have to buy between the 2, I'll take the SB anytime. Just love the way that bike look. With an addition of 10" T-Bars and 1/4 fairing, that bike has a killer look.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:30 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ask yourself..do I prefer bling or blacked out. Theres your answer.
Most of us dyna riders came from sportys...Sportys are awesome, but dyna's have the same fun factor at a much better comfort level. On the freeway there is no comparison.

When I bought my dyna new it sure wasn't faster then my sporty...but it is now.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:34 PM
mtnbkr62
Tourer

Thanks for the responses guys, I really like the look and feel of the SB, I have to wait about anopther 30 as this is going to be my 51st birthday present to myself from me and my better half so I have a few more days to learn all I can about the SB/SGC

Old 10-11-2013, 08:24 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

You really should test ride both.

The Dyna is not a Sportster, but a Sportster is not a Dyna either (if that makes sense.)

The Dyna is heavier by a good amount, but you sit more in it than on it. This makes the extra weight less noticeable.

I'm biased toward the Street Bob, but the chrome Vs not-so-much chrome is a good argument.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:29 PM
druski
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Definitely ride both Dynas before making a decision. I just picked up a 2013 Super Glide Custom and I'm not the biggest fan of chrome. I test rode the Street Bob, Fat Bob, and Super Glide Custom before making a decision. I had my heart set on the Street Bob until I took it for a ride, just wasn't comfortable with the bars and ride, Fat Bob was just ok, Super Glide Custom was it!! Knew it within 2 mins of riding that this was the right bike for me.

No matter what you decide you can't go wrong, all great bikes.

Old 10-12-2013, 02:50 AM
OneGearhead
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

I went through the same thing. With the exception that was my first Harley. I knew I wanted a Dyna, just didn't know which one. Test Rode the Fat Bob, the Street Bob and the Wide Glide. I liked them all, but I LOVED the Fat Bob. On the Street Bob I felt like my knees were up to my chest and didn't care for the ape's and it felt like it darted all over the road with the skinny front tire. For some reason, the Wide Glide didn't seem to dart around as much so it was my number two choice, but I brought the Fat Bob home and haven't looked back. Like druski said, I sat on it and rode it, and knew it was the one for me. You'll just have to go test ride them and see which one you like best. But like others said, do you like chrome and flash, or do you prefer blacked out and subtle. That alone would make a big difference. Good luck. It's a Dyna. It can do whatever you want it do and then some.

Quick Reply: Buyers Advice Street Bob/Super Glide