Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

optional tail light on an 09

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 08:33 AM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Default optional tail light on an 09

I'm looking for a different tail light and may also change the signal lights but don't want a wiring problem.
What lights fit and wire up with too much trouble have you guys used?
I have an 09 Streetbob

Old 10-12-2013, 09:51 AM
spyderwebb
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, my weekend project on my 09 Super Glide is to replace the stock brake light/tailight with a Custom Dynamics "Genesis II Intergrated (turn signals) LED brake light assembly in smoked low profile (w/no tag light window).

I'll in addition to eliminating the turn signals (for my detachable back rest assembly, for when I have my gal on the back), I am installing a Custom Dynamics illuminated low profile license plate frame (black finish radius), to go with the Hogrida radius tag bracket I currently have.

Should look pretty clean when it is done. I'm not expecting the wiring to be to complicated, it looks pretty much plug-n-play for the brake light/turn signal assembly. Then I'll have to wire in the tag light to a fused running light source and a ground wire, and I also purchased a signal load equalizer/stabilizer (for the LED lights) which looks plug-n-play too.

...I'll post up a picture for ya when I 'm done.

Last edited by spyderwebb; 10-13-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:29 PM
spyderwebb
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here she is with the Custom Dynamic Genesis II Integrated LED tail light (smoked w/no window) and the LED lighted tag frame. Stock turn signals are gone and the detachable back rest brackets are half installed...right side only (didn't know I needed to get 2 extra bolts...thought that the kit would come with 4 not just 2).

Anyway, the wiring job wasn't to bad, had to do a little splicing and for the LED tag light, but I just went into the blue (positive) and black (negative) wires in the rear light wire harness. Then connected the signal load equalize (with jumper connectors already installed), then just had to route the positive and negative lines to the battery, and perform a turn signal light synchronization.

The toughest part was running the wires in a safe and protected manner, took about 3 hours total. I actually routed the tag wires through the rear light assembly wire channel that runs under the fender by carefully fishing them through with coat hanger, that and shrink wrapped all exposes wires for added protection.

I think it came out great and the lights look killer!

Attached Thumbnails optional tail light on an 09-dsc01071.jpg   optional tail light on an 09-dsc01073.jpg