Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Guy 95 BB Kit ????

Old 10-14-2013, 02:52 PM
Ricky O
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy 95 BB Kit ????

Hello Everyone...

I have a question about this 95 big bore kit I put on my 02 Dyna Carb.

I did not do the SC Heads and say a Super G carb, the guy said to me don't waste your money you won't notice a big enough difference.

So took the bike home and I was not hugely impressed but noticed the difference.

This kit also did have the SC 203 cams with it.

So I went back of course looking for more, they were talking well to go much more we have to split the case etc etc.

But the guy said what are you looking for, I said to rap on the throttle and feel a wholly F'..

He said Let me gear the bike up with a SC gear set and Compensator, and he said you will notice a huge difference off the line.

I did First and second gear have Brutal Power but 3rd 4th and 5th seem to fall flat.

OK now some dealer mechanics state it ain't worth doing heads and carb you won't notice much, others say I will notice a big difference and It would be the right thing for what im looking for.

If this was your bike what would you do??

Old 10-14-2013, 03:21 PM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 75 Posts

That's how it goes sometimes.
Test drove a V-Rod a few weeks back, and it wasn't enough faster to come close to giving me a boner. After that, I'll probably leave my 88 and 96 inch bikes close to stock. Another 40-or-so horsepower didn't make enough difference to be worth spending a lot of money on, at least to me.

Last edited by Warp Factor; 10-14-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:22 PM
Spanners39
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 430 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky O
Hello Everyone...

I have a question about this 95 big bore kit I put on my 02 Dyna Carb.

I did not do the SC Heads and say a Super G carb, the guy said to me don't waste your money you won't notice a big enough difference.

So took the bike home and I was not hugely impressed but noticed the difference.

This kit also did have the SC 203 cams with it.

So I went back of course looking for more, they were talking well to go much more we have to split the case etc etc.

But the guy said what are you looking for, I said to rap on the throttle and feel a wholly F'..

He said Let me gear the bike up with a SC gear set and Compensator, and he said you will notice a huge difference off the line.

I did First and second gear have Brutal Power but 3rd 4th and 5th seem to fall flat.

OK now some dealer mechanics state it ain't worth doing heads and carb you won't notice much, others say I will notice a big difference and It would be the right thing for what im looking for.

If this was your bike what would you do??
I would check the jetting, this can make huge difference if its wrong.

203's and 95 kit make a difference but its never gonna rip your arms off.....it will give you some good low down and mid-range grunt....and that is what that combo is all about.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:56 PM
Ricky O
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea sounding like I have done about all I can do for this particular motorcycle to impress..
Which also goes with all the dealer theories of (Don't Waste Your Money at this point).
I guess if I knew what I know now I would have just went with a Crate S&S 1?? Cubic"
Live and learn I guess..

Old 10-14-2013, 05:00 PM
Spanners39
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 430 Likes on 248 Posts

If you want an adrenaline rush you bought the wrong bike mate.....but if you really have the need for speed I highly recommend the 120R Screamin' Eagle motor.