Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Street Bob changing springer back to stock???

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 12:33 AM
js632
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Street Bob changing springer back to stock???

I just purchased a 2010 street bob. This is my first Harley and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to go back to stock front end. I purchased it with a black and chrome aftermarket springer front end. I don't really like the way it looks but I got such a good deal on the bike I figured I could just go back to stock. The bike is black denim and I wanna keep the front end as blacked out as possible. I'm having trouble verifying which front end parts will work with other? I can find black front sliders and black triple trees but don't know which forks to go with? I wish I could just find someone with a stock front end and just trade if they were interested in a springer? Not sure what brand springer this is, I can't find any markings on it? Any help would be appreciated?

Old 10-15-2013, 05:54 AM
AFMM3
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Use this site to find the parts you need http://www.shopronniesharleydavidson...partfinder.htm I have purchased fork tubes (just need a James Gasket seal kit and oil) from these folks http://www.bkrider.com/bkrider/index.aspbefore and been happy. Just make sure you are getting the correct length.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:03 AM
transam7969
Road Master

I think it looks cool/different. How does it ride? I guess you probably can't compare it to a stock setup

Old 10-15-2013, 04:33 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There has been several members on here who converted to the Springer front end. Maybe they will chime in. Personally I like it on there.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:24 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think it looks badass too! I'd do some taller bars tho...
There are occasinally front end parts in the classifieds. Street bobs have a 49mm tubes and mid glide trees. You can find em around if you need to switch back...

Old 10-15-2013, 05:26 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynam1te
I think it looks badass too! I'd do some taller bars tho...
There are occasinally front end parts in the classifieds. Street bobs have a 49mm tubes and mid glide trees. You can find em around if you need to switch back...
Agreed! Some taller bars would set it off. And maybe something with the rear fender, but I'm biased.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:17 PM
PistolPete83
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I dig it but would love some more profile pics...+1 on some taller bars

Old 10-18-2013, 07:01 AM
w2willi
Intermediate

Are you selling the springer front end?

Old 10-28-2013, 07:56 PM
BobberGirl
Stage III

Originally Posted by js632
I just purchased a 2010 street bob. This is my first Harley and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to go back to stock front end. I purchased it with a black and chrome aftermarket springer front end. I don't really like the way it looks but I got such a good deal on the bike I figured I could just go back to stock. The bike is black denim and I wanna keep the front end as blacked out as possible. I'm having trouble verifying which front end parts will work with other? I can find black front sliders and black triple trees but don't know which forks to go with? I wish I could just find someone with a stock front end and just trade if they were interested in a springer? Not sure what brand springer this is, I can't find any markings on it? Any help would be appreciated?

My bike is also 2010 dyna street bob (denim black) with original front end. If you are interested in swapping give me a shout.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:17 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

I'm going to put a springer on my 2000 Sporty that I picked up... I'll trade you front ends straight across!

Quick Reply: 2010 Street Bob changing springer back to stock???