Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

moving 2013 street bob plate back to fender.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 07:10 AM
w2willi
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default moving 2013 street bob plate back to fender.

With law enforcement cracking down on side ways mounted plates, I'm thinking of moving my plate back to fender. Has anyone else done this? Mounting it flush to the end of the fender. I might raise the side toward the seat a quarter inch. Also thinking of solo tail light on fender and removing side mount turn signals. Has anyone done this and how. I can find a good low profile turn signal option that has tail and stop. Any ideas on that? I think this should have been two threads.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:12 AM
spyderwebb
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out Custom Dynamics, they have some great products and support. I went with their LED integrated (with built-in turn signals) tail light for my Super Glide, and an illuminated tag frame (to go with my Hogrida lay-low tag bracket).

This set up eliminated my stock turn signals (allowing to me install the detachable back-rest), and I'm very pleased with the look and quality of their products.

I realize your Street Bob fender setup is somewhat different than mine..but it might give you some ideas, good luck.

Attached Thumbnails moving 2013 street  bob plate back to fender.-dsc01083.jpg  
Old 10-18-2013, 10:13 AM
mooreman21
Advanced

forgive my ignorance, but why would LEOs give you grief over the factory mount?

Old 10-18-2013, 10:15 AM
highwayman1224
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mooreman21
forgive my ignorance, but why would LEOs give you grief over the factory mount?
LOL, exactly.....

Old 10-18-2013, 11:53 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I moved mine and my turn sigs by modifying the HD under-fender mount, which is hideous on its own. You can do the same thing without moving the sigs if you want to.

Details toward the end of this thread: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-concerns.html

SLV had a bracket made to move his. Much cheaper, but not as clean (IMO): https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...treet-bob.html

Unfortunately, there aren't any clean aftermarket options out there. Greatbikegear makes a really nice one for Wide Glides, but nothing for Street Bobs.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:25 PM
w2willi
Intermediate

I should have explained that I hate the turn signals and plate mount. I was going to opt for a Axel mount but I have been hearing of fellas getting tickets over it. I also don't want to give probable cause to stop me if I can avoid it.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:39 PM
B_nichols
Cruiser

Cycle visions makes an axel mount plate that's horizontal and lighted. I have it in vertical, great product

Old 10-18-2013, 01:23 PM
dmoe0826
Cruiser

I'm planning on moving mine to the fender this winter. I'm thinking of just drilling 4 holes in the fender and putting a few rubber washers between the fender and the plate (basically). I'll make it look pretty.

I have a set of plate bolts with LED's to light it up.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:26 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by B_nichols
Cycle visions makes an axel mount plate that's horizontal and lighted. I have it in vertical, great product
Supposed to be horizontal mount in Cali, but I've never heard of anyone getting hassled for it being vertical.

Hey, looks like there's a used one for sale in the classifieds:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...l#post11888751

Old 10-18-2013, 05:03 PM
Mike650
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

if you think you'd be interested i have my stock 2012 setup layin around. black fender, blinkers and tailight. only problem with this would be you'd lose that awesome blue on the back fender by swapping.

Quick Reply: moving 2013 street bob plate back to fender.