Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a Gauntlet fairing mounted on my FXD

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 05:08 PM
XjldX
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Got a Gauntlet fairing mounted on my FXD

Hey everyone, I just thought I'd share a couple shots of my Memphis Shades Gauntlet fairing. After riding with a heavily modded Emgo Viper cafe fairing for a year or so, I swapped over to the Gauntlet and now that I've put a few miles on it at freeway speeds, I can say this thing is rock solid and it does a great job blocking the air from my center mass (much better than my Viper fairing did), I have much less buffeting on my helmet too.

I laid some stripes on it using vinyl pinstripe tape and I'll probably end up shooting the inside with plastidip because it fairing is basically a fairing shaped windshield partially painted to make it look sort of like the HD 1/4 fairing, and some light still gets through the paint, and I kind of want to black out the screen too.

I was also able to mount my speakers in behind it using a couple HD quick detach windshield clamps.

Not a bad setup for the price, especially since I got a killer hook up on it from a fellow Dyna forum member.

Attached Thumbnails Got a Gauntlet fairing mounted on my FXD-image-3181541005.jpg   Got a Gauntlet fairing mounted on my FXD-image-4105289502.jpg   Got a Gauntlet fairing mounted on my FXD-image-1876701003.jpg   Got a Gauntlet fairing mounted on my FXD-image-1375587657.jpg  
Old 10-18-2013, 05:48 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks good, were you signals already moved to the forks, or is that something you had to do because of this fairing?

Old 10-18-2013, 06:13 PM
XjldX
Road Captain

They were already moved before I put them on. But, with the bars I'm running, they would have worked out up on the bars.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:19 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

That looks great. The pin striping really makes it. I wanted a panel job to match my green flake, but it would over $3K, so I've been contemplating some pinstripes instead. Really nice work man!

Old 10-18-2013, 06:22 PM
06BlackWG
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:01 PM
justintyme73
Cruiser

Nice job on the pinstripe, really ties it in with the rest of the bike and makes it look like it belongs there from the factory!

Old 10-18-2013, 07:30 PM
XjldX
Road Captain

Originally Posted by justintyme73
Nice job on the pinstripe, really ties it in with the rest of the bike and makes it look like it belongs there from the factory!
Thanks, I actually did the rest of the stripes and the tank too with tape and plastidip, the bike is actually only silver. So I figured I'd carry it over onto the fairing for exactly the reason you mentioned, to tie it all together.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:16 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Really sweet job on tying the whole theme together. Really diggin' that look!

I've been looking hard at all the quarter fairings and you may have just made up my mind.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:30 AM
Infinite_Day
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not too bad looking. I've been going back and forth between the Gauntlet and something like a Del Rey windshield. I don't want anything huge. On a side note - is that a Stig helmet I see in the background? Pretty cool if so.

Old 10-19-2013, 10:02 AM
XjldX
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Infinite_Day
Not too bad looking. I've been going back and forth between the Gauntlet and something like a Del Rey windshield. I don't want anything huge. On a side note - is that a Stig helmet I see in the background? Pretty cool if so.
Yeah, this is definitely big enough to do its job well, but small enough to easily take off and on.

As for the helmet, it's a knock-off of the Simpson Bandit that Stig wears. Same killer looks, a fraction of the price and hopefully I'll never have to find out if it's as safe in a tumble.

Quick Reply: Got a Gauntlet fairing mounted on my FXD