Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone installed these? Integrated Smoke Laydown Window Black Out

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 08:33 PM
rawb101
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone installed these? Integrated Smoke Laydown Window Black Out

i saw these on customdynamics.com... just wanted to know if anyone has installed these... i have 2013 and just about to trade for a 07 SB rear fender.. Do i need anything else for the install?

Old 10-18-2013, 09:16 PM
brandon95354
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rawb101
i saw these on customdynamics.com... just wanted to know if anyone has installed these... i have 2013 and just about to trade for a 07 SB rear fender.. Do i need anything else for the install?
check out the kuryakyn panacea lay down smoked integrated light, my opinion is it looks cleaner, less bulky, and very bright. just my own opinion

you will need the 07 tail light still, you will remove the lenses and bulb. then replace the cover with your new LED cover.

dont over think it, its a very simple easy swap. should take a hour

Last edited by brandon95354; 10-19-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:52 PM
rawb101
Cruiser

Originally Posted by brandon95354
check out the kuryakyn panacea lay down smoked integrated light, my opinion is it looks cleaner, less bulky, and very bright. just my own opinion

you will need the 07 tail light still, you will remove the lenses and bulb. then replace the cover with your new LED cover.

not sure if the 2013 wire is the same as 2012 fxdc/fxdb and below. to the light outlet under the seat im sure its the same, but i think your 2013 wire may only of two connectors on the tail end, you need 3 connectors. double check on your bike.

brandon, i don't have the 07 tail light. i just have the fender. do you know where ican find one?

Old 10-18-2013, 10:54 PM
brandon95354
Road Captain

Originally Posted by rawb101
brandon, i don't have the 07 tail light. i just have the fender. do you know where ican find one?
i got one at the shop down the street from my house, should cost you about $40 for a used one at a shop, or get a new one from HD for $$$$, since your in SF call around the area to bike shops like Sims, alan & sons, forbidden, etc... the light you need fits fatbobs, some softails, some baggers, its a common light been on lots of bikes.

Im sure you know of some shops in the city of SF, should be easy to find. any mechanic will know what light your asking about.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:56 AM
saschagast
Tourer

not sure if the 2013 wire is the same as 2012 fxdc/fxdb and below. to the light outlet under the seat im sure its the same, but i think your 2013 wire may only of two connectors on the tail end, you need 3 connectors. double check on your bike.

After 3 kuryakyn panacea tail lights broken/burnt and a phone call to the,, they said they wont work on the 13s.

Go custom dynamics....fu$& Kuryakyn, horrible quality. And the custom dynamics tail light doesn't need a load equalizer and is cheaper

Old 10-19-2013, 01:15 AM
brandon95354
Road Captain

Originally Posted by saschagast
After 3 kuryakyn panacea tail lights broken/burnt and a phone call to the,, they said they wont work on the 13s.

Go custom dynamics....fu$& Kuryakyn, horrible quality. And the custom dynamics tail light doesn't need a load equalizer and is cheaper

i wonder why they dont work on the 13s, on a 12 i had over 30,000 miles on one with no problem. although i never used the load equalizer, threw it away and never had any issues. the 13s have the same electrical system as the 12s as far as i know. crazy thing is i know a guy with a 13 and a panacea with no issues, he to didn't use the load equalizer . maybe we just got lucky and got good lights.

Old 10-19-2013, 08:46 AM
spyderwebb
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just installed the Custom Dynamics Genesis II Integrated smoke color light (w/no window), also installed the load equalizer/stabilizer, and the illuminated radius tag frame. Works great, install was simple and instructions easy to follow.

After researching what was available... I elected to go Custom Dynamics over Kuryakyn because I read so many negative reviews with the Kuryakyn, they were about the same money too. Glad I did the Genesis II, it looks great and I feel confident it is a quality product.

Had to to do a little splicing for the illuminated tag, but the integrated brake light and equalzer are basically plug and play.

Attached Thumbnails Has anyone installed these? Integrated Smoke Laydown Window Black Out-dsc01083.jpg  

Last edited by spyderwebb; 10-19-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:56 AM
mp535th
Tourer

I had the custom dynamics on my 07 SG and it was great. I actually just sold it in the classifieds here cause I got a 14 SG

Old 10-19-2013, 04:21 PM
saschagast
Tourer

i wonder why they dont work on the 13s, on a 12 i had over 30,000 miles on one with no problem. although i never used the load equalizer, threw it away and never had any issues. the 13s have the same electrical system as the 12s as far as i know. crazy thing is i know a guy with a 13 and a panacea with no issues, he to didn't use the load equalizer . maybe we just got lucky and got good lights.
I think it's both, the can bus and a quality issue with the panacea. The regular panacea worked but not the one with turn signals. Kury is just a hit and miss company

Old 10-19-2013, 04:27 PM
brandon95354
Road Captain

Originally Posted by saschagast
I think it's both, the can bus and a quality issue with the panacea. The regular panacea worked but not the one with turn signals. Kury is just a hit and miss company
both the bikes im talking about used the integrated signals, but now that im thinking about it neither bike the 12 or the 13 had any front signals. I wonder if eliminating the front signal makes the panacea work somehow, either way it might be best to use the custom dynamics

Quick Reply: Has anyone installed these? Integrated Smoke Laydown Window Black Out