Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fxrp fairing. HD vs Conely's?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 05:08 PM
Hepper
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fxrp fairing. HD vs Conely's?

I've been surfing ebay looking for an idea for a fairing and im curious why the beat up old hd fxrp fairings are selling for 1200 bucks and then theres conely's fairings for 600? Are the hd originals made of fiberglass?

Old 10-21-2013, 12:48 AM
Jbco2
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

HD originals are made of ABS plastics. There are several repro- fairings on the market that look really good. Some better than others. The FXRP fairing is a complex piece to reproduce, unlike the Connely fairing, it has to be made in a 3 piece mold and is an involved process. Mounting the FXRP fairing is another story altogether as it does not mount on the forks, its frame mounted and the forks move freely inside, with at least 3 supports.Getting the right placing of that fairing is crucial to making it look good. On the other hand, once you have tackled all that I mentioned, the FXRP fairing is one hell of a good looking Fairing on the FXD.
What year FXD are you thinking of setting up?

Joe
Deviant Fabrications

Old 10-21-2013, 03:01 AM
Hepper
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's a 99 joe. i pmed you and added dev fab on facebook. one thing i forgot to ask is what all goes into mounting the lowers? you need crashbars right?

Old 10-21-2013, 07:45 AM
Jbco2
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hepper
it's a 99 joe. i pmed you and added dev fab on facebook. one thing i forgot to ask is what all goes into mounting the lowers? you need crashbars right?
No crash bars necessary when mounting any FXRT(P) fairings OEM or repro, like the original FXRT(P) a mount is necessary to hold things in place. When a crash bar is used the OEM support mounts on the same point in front of the crash bar.
The second mounting point for lowers FXRT(P) fairings OEM or repro is where your forwards would mount to the frame.

I do not sell parts on this site courtesy to not being a vendor here yet. I can answer any technical question you may haven about OEM and re-pro fairings available though various vendors.

Thanks

Joe

Last edited by Jbco2; 10-21-2013 at 07:49 AM.