Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for 2-2 pipes that aren't obnoxiously loud?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 07:55 PM
13bob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for 2-2 pipes that aren't obnoxiously loud?

I currently have a Supertrapp supermeg 2-1 pipe with an open end cap on my '13 bob which performs great but just lacks that cool 2-2 pipe sound.

Any advice on a good 2-2 pipe that isn't obnoxious? I spend hours in the saddle so way loud is no good.

So far I like the look of the Bassani pipes the Firestorm, Fireflight and Firesweeps but these could possibly be too loud- anyone have any feedback on these 3 pipes? Does anyone know if the baffle system differs between these pipes?

Any other brands I should be looking at?

Thanks for any advice.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:01 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

I didn't think the V&H Staggered Short Shots were very loud stock...YMMV

Old 10-21-2013, 08:13 PM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 866 Likes on 546 Posts

I see you are from Australia. If you still have your stock pipes, here is a link to a company that modifies or exchanges your stock mufflers. You can also buy these if you don`t have your OEM`s. There is a section in this link where you can hear the sound with different set up. Hope this helps.

http://www.americancustom.com/produc...he-bullet-dyna

Old 10-21-2013, 08:15 PM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just swapped my v&h straightshots out for bassani road rage II. I really liked the sound of the straightshots and I didn't think they were super loud, but now that I have the bassani I would say they are a bit louder. They are slightly longer pipes tho, so most of the sound goes behind u. If I really cracked the throttle, they would scream, but at cruising speed they were fairly mellow. Never bothered my ears on longer rides. I think they looked good on my sb too, but I bought into all the 2-1 hype and fell in love with the way the bassani swept up around the can cover....and I have upgrade-itis.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:21 PM
deano360
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

my wife has the v&h short shots on her sporty and they are loud... on the other hand i have the big raduis on my dyna and they arent bad at all if i get on it them you can hear them but they are almost mello on the road.... and they dont set off car alarms unless i get on it

Old 10-21-2013, 08:53 PM
13bob
Tourer

Originally Posted by deuce_streetbob
I just swapped my v&h straightshots out for bassani road rage II. I really liked the sound of the straightshots and I didn't think they were super loud, but now that I have the bassani I would say they are a bit louder. They are slightly longer pipes tho, so most of the sound goes behind u. If I really cracked the throttle, they would scream, but at cruising speed they were fairly mellow. Never bothered my ears on longer rides. I think they looked good on my sb too, but I bought into all the 2-1 hype and fell in love with the way the bassani swept up around the can cover....and I have upgrade-itis.
Thanks, yeah I probably should've gone with the road rage instead of the supertrapp, but now I'm looking to move away from the 2-1 and go to a 2-2 pipe. Looking for that sweet sound and cadence you can only get with a 2-2 system.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:54 PM
13bob
Tourer

Originally Posted by deano360
my wife has the v&h short shots on her sporty and they are loud... on the other hand i have the big raduis on my dyna and they arent bad at all if i get on it them you can hear them but they are almost mello on the road.... and they dont set off car alarms unless i get on it
Thanks for the info about the big radius. I wasn't considering V&H but I may have to give them a look.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:57 PM
deano360
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 13bob
Thanks for the info about the big radius. I wasn't considering V&H but I may have to give them a look.
at an idle they are almost as loud as the short shots but going down the road i hear my wifes sporty over my dyna

Old 10-21-2013, 09:33 PM
13bob
Tourer

Anyone running the Bassani firesweep / fireflight / firestorms?

Old 10-21-2013, 10:17 PM
Bibber48
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Firesweeps

This should give you an idea what they sound like. I have them on my Street Bob and get lots of good comments.

Quick Reply: Looking for 2-2 pipes that aren't obnoxiously loud?