Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ricor Intiminators with Traxxion Straight Rate Springs

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 08:12 AM
californiafatbob2013
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Traxxion 44 x 380 x 95's Springs........

Okay, I am finally ditching my Progressive brand spring's and have purchased some Traxxion 44 x 380 x 95's for my Fatbob.....

I have got the set up really close with the Progressive spring, but something just does not feel right........

I will get those changed out tonight with the Traxxion's and Amsoil 10w shock theropy, I think this will take care of the issue I feel when riding with the progressive's..........

Thank's for the thread it has been very useful .........

Live Free = Ride Free...........

Old 08-01-2014, 03:05 PM
Silvio
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad this beast got necroed. I meant to come back and thank all the folk who provided information on this mod. However, I let it slide then forgot about it.

After some fiddling, riding, fiddling, riding, etc., and another about 1.2k on the bike, I got my suspension feeling about how I like it. I don't have the exact figures with me, but my sag wasn't right on the numbers I've seen in various instructions, though I started out aiming for them and they are close.

The process started out as a science, then morphed into an art for me. It really got down to individual feel and preference in the fine tuning stages and the numbers ended up just being a guide.

(The wobbling on the milled road I mentioned before was because that road was extremely chewed up. I later rode on some normal milling and some rain grooves, and the handling was about right. I realize now there's not much any suspension will do on a surface gouged as bad as Georgia Ave. was back then.)

Again, thanks to rooti, monster, squid and all the others who put info out there.

Old 08-01-2014, 04:29 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't forget Izzyrider...he restarted this thread from another one. This has been over a year of experiments trying to get it right and I even though I've had the intimidators for a long time, I was sitting back and letting the others get it right so I didn't have to keep taking things aprt over and over. When I finally dived in, I knew I would have to see it through to dial it in as perfect as I could. Tha meant taking it apart 4 times, getting a lighter spring, and having Fabrik mod my intimidators. Now I just enjoy it and was worth the effort. We had a lot of fun and I think Squid still hold the record for tear downs...in fact I think he's ditched this set up and screwing around with monotubes now. It never ends....

Old 08-02-2014, 03:28 PM
californiafatbob2013
Road Captain
Default Traxxion Springs installed............

Originally Posted by californiafatbob2013
Okay, I am finally ditching my Progressive brand spring's and have purchased some Traxxion 44 x 380 x 95's for my Fatbob.....

I have got the set up really close with the Progressive spring, but something just does not feel right........

I will get those changed out tonight with the Traxxion's and Amsoil 10w shock theropy, I think this will take care of the issue I feel when riding with the progressive's..........

Thank's for the thread it has been very useful .........

Okay, I got the my new traxxion 44 x 380 x 95 installed ......
Oil level set 130mm , Amsoil 10w Shock Theropy (Thanks squidhead for the info on oil level and all of the other help you have givin me)

Spacer cut at 6" - (Follwed Traxxion's instruction's for this length)
Set RSD Pre-load adjuster's Half way down.
Rider Sag set at 1 3/16".

Went out for a ride this morning and what a difference between running Progressive brand springs and changing to the Traxxion's.

I can say this much at least, having the right spring combination with the Ricors make's all the difference in the world.
It was like night and day...........

Funny thing is that I was waiting for progressive to get the monotube's for the Fatbob's on the market and now that I have everything set up with the correct components it is working fantastic, I am over joyed and will not be looking to make that change............

Thanks to everyone involved with all the testing, research, pain staking dis assembly and re assembly, trying this and trying that, it is all great information and has been a great thread to follow..........

Awesome stuff...........

Live Free = Ride Free.........

Old 08-03-2014, 12:43 AM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member

Try backing off the adjusters a bit and see how you like it. 1.5 seems to be close to the magic number most end up with

Old 08-03-2014, 01:38 AM
californiafatbob2013
Road Captain
Default Back it off............

Originally Posted by rooti
Try backing off the adjusters a bit and see how you like it. 1.5 seems to be close to the magic number most end up with
Well, since I have pre-load adjuster's that should not be a problem...........

I will give that a shot in the morning before I go out and see how it work's......

I will let you know what I think, I can tell you I am much more satisfied with this mod since I have all the correct part's of the puzzle in place...........

Thanks for the tip.............

Live Free = Ride Free...............

Old 08-03-2014, 02:11 AM
izhd
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Okay, I got the my new traxxion 44 x 380 x 95 installed ......
Oil level set 130mm , Amsoil 10w Shock Theropy (Thanks squidhead for the info on oil level and all of the other help you have givin me)

Spacer cut at 6" - (Follwed Traxxion's instruction's for this length)
Set RSD Pre-load adjuster's Half way down.
Rider Sag set at 1 3/16".

Went out for a ride this morning and what a difference between running Progressive brand springs and changing to the Traxxion's.

I can say this much at least, having the right spring combination with the Ricors make's all the difference in the world.

Funny thing is that I was waiting for progressive to get the monotube's for the Fatbob's on the market and now that I have everything set up with the correct components it is working fantastic, I am over joyed and will not be looking to make that change............

Thanks to everyone involved with all the testing, research, pain staking dis assembly and re assembly, trying this and trying that, it is all great information and has been a great thread to follow..........

Awesome stuff...........

Live Free = Ride Free.........
Congrats on getting it right!
what's funny is that monotubes are progressive, and have progressive springs It looks like it's going in circles. or rather spiraling. so I'll wait a bit and see what's the next big thing. Was very educational thread - still reading. measured my sag - only 20mm (heavy duty progressive springs+intimidators+10w oil : previous owner of my bike was 270lb vs my 160lb ). I guess I'll cut spacers a bit later on, and will upgrade to monotubes(or next big thing) if still not satisfied. For now it just feels super good after sporty stock forks

Old 08-03-2014, 02:57 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member

If you already have the intimidators why not just get the traxxion springs for another 100 bucks? With your weight just get the .85 springs, don't let them talk you into going heavier

Old 08-03-2014, 06:05 PM
californiafatbob2013
Road Captain
Default Just Change Springs..........

Originally Posted by izhd
Congrats on getting it right!
what's funny is that monotubes are progressive, and have progressive springs It looks like it's going in circles. or rather spiraling. so I'll wait a bit and see what's the next big thing. Was very educational thread - still reading. measured my sag - only 20mm (heavy duty progressive springs+intimidators+10w oil : previous owner of my bike was 270lb vs my 160lb ). I guess I'll cut spacers a bit later on, and will upgrade to monotubes(or next big thing) if still not satisfied. For now it just feels super good after sporty stock forks
Your all almost there, if you are running the Amsoil #10 which also makes a big difference, all you need is the right springs and your set...........

Squidhead ditched his Ricor set up and has said he may have made a mistake by going with the monotube's..........

What are you riding ????? There is a bit of a difference between a fatbob set up v.s the other Dyna's.......

Like I said you are almost there you just need the correct spring's and the Progressive's are not them, trust me I found out the hard way..........

Last edited by californiafatbob2013; 08-03-2014 at 06:09 PM. Reason: mis spelling
Old 08-03-2014, 06:37 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Silvio
I'm glad this beast got necroed. I meant to come back and thank all the folk who provided information on this mod. However, I let it slide then forgot about it.

After some fiddling, riding, fiddling, riding, etc., and another about 1.2k on the bike, I got my suspension feeling about how I like it. I don't have the exact figures with me, but my sag wasn't right on the numbers I've seen in various instructions, though I started out aiming for them and they are close.

The process started out as a science, then morphed into an art for me. It really got down to individual feel and preference in the fine tuning stages and the numbers ended up just being a guide.

(The wobbling on the milled road I mentioned before was because that road was extremely chewed up. I later rode on some normal milling and some rain grooves, and the handling was about right. I realize now there's not much any suspension will do on a surface gouged as bad as Georgia Ave. was back then.)

Again, thanks to rooti, monster, squid and all the others who put info out there.
No problem man I'm happy I could help out a little bit! Glad you got her dialed in

It's amazing what you were missing huh! It's the best mod to date even after the wow factor has worn off... This is a great thread

Quick Reply: Ricor Intiminators with Traxxion Straight Rate Springs