Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ricor Intiminators with Traxxion Straight Rate Springs

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 06:01 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by izhd
Is it for normal braking or for panic type braking? I don't think I have significant dive for normal, but had to do panic one at the light and bike did dive. still it wasn't like it bottomed out and i didn't feel like i lost it - it just compressed - but still was stable like on rail (not the same with rear though - fishtailed a bit )
Yeah, that's normal IMO. I'm referring to slowing down before a curve.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:01 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Where the heck are you guys getting your Amsoil Shock Therapy #10 from? No one carries it online except Ricor from what I can tell. $40 for two quarts with S&H, ridiculous. I called NAPA and they can't find it in their system even though they have Amsoil motor oil in the store?

I went to Amsoil's site and under Independent Dealers it's all people's addresses (ie out of their home).

Matt

Old 08-13-2014, 08:05 AM
californiafatbob2013
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Amsloil Shock Theropy #10..........

Originally Posted by mattVA
Where the heck are you guys getting your Amsoil Shock Therapy #10 from? No one carries it online except Ricor from what I can tell. $40 for two quarts with S&H, ridiculous. I called NAPA and they can't find it in their system even though they have Amsoil motor oil in the store?

I went to Amsoil's site and under Independent Dealers it's all people's addresses (ie out of their home).

Matt
Matt,

Did you ask Napa if they could order it for you ???????

I will take a look and see what I come up with out here in Ca.

Matt try this link.......... www.best-value-synthetic.com/ and I will search for more....... also try a search for Amsoil dealer's in Northern California, I found quite a few place's with that search.

Live Free = Ride Free............

Last edited by californiafatbob2013; 08-13-2014 at 08:09 AM. Reason: added message
Old 08-13-2014, 08:23 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by californiafatbob2013
Matt,

Did you ask Napa if they could order it for you ???????

I will take a look and see what I come up with out here in Ca.

Matt try this link.......... www.best-value-synthetic.com/ and I will search for more....... also try a search for Amsoil dealer's in Northern California, I found quite a few place's with that search.

Live Free = Ride Free............
You have to pay a subscription fee to buy from those dealers. Amsoil is really starting to aggravate me.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:39 AM
californiafatbob2013
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink Hate to say it..........

Originally Posted by mattVA
You have to pay a subscription fee to buy from those dealers. Amsoil is really starting to aggravate me.
Might want to think about the $40.00, unless you can find it somewhere else.

Trust me, it is worth every penny for now until we find a dealer........

Live Free = Ride Free...........

Old 08-26-2014, 07:32 PM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member

Joining the Traxxion/RSD/Intiminator club.

Followed californiafatbob2013's setup since we weigh the same and have the same bike.

130mm oil level down the tube Amsoil #10 set with my Motion Pro tool. Took about 22.5oz per tube.
Traxxion 44mmx380mmx0.95kg
RSD Contrast cut pre-load adjusters
6" SCH 40 PVC spacers

Got both forks finished tonight, will have to wait for powder work from Joe to put it back together.

For anyone even considering the pre-load adjusters. .get them. I originally put my Ricor's in ~2-3 years ago without them. The spacers were sticking up ~1.5". It was such a pain to get the stock fork caps on. With this new setup the spacer sits 1/4" below the top of the tube and makes putting the RSD pre-load adjuster on a snap. Wearing a glove I got each started almost immediately and tightened down without a tool. I'll use a strap wrench to give it a quarter turn when the forks are back on the bike. So far the quality of the RSD's is really nice. I like that the adjuster doesn't stick up like the Speed Merchant's.

Thanks to californiafatbob2013 for all the guidance and monster715 for helping me out with the Amsoil. Look forward to trying this out in a few weeks.

Matt

Name:  20140826_165127_zpsfxfnlxgy.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  988.4 KB

Doesn't hurt that the fork caps match my grips either. .

Name:  20140826_200413_zpszkh9rz5i.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  896.1 KB

Last edited by mattVA; 08-26-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:50 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Hey Matt, I think it is funny you do this just after I spent the better part of a day(couple days ago) reading this entire thread!

Love that clamp set-up, nice job.

I think this will be on my To Do list, but not right away. I have some Works rear shocks on order along with that 68T to keep me busy for now.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:36 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by HD Pilot
Hey Matt, I think it is funny you do this just after I spent the better part of a day(couple days ago) reading this entire thread!

Love that clamp set-up, nice job.

I think this will be on my To Do list, but not right away. I have some Works rear shocks on order along with that 68T to keep me busy for now.
Always one step ahead of you Alan. . .

I left the forks horizontal overnight on my bench and found one of them weeping through the adjuster bolt on the RSD adjuster. Not sure if the small o-ring didn't seat right or what so took the cap off, dried it with a shop towel inside and out and re-did it. Put some preload on the bolt for both caps to see if that helps. Don't think it should matter if I leave it horizontal . .if it seals it seals? Directions didn't say to lubricate the o-rings so I didn't, although that one is lubricated now from the weeping. The other cap I didn't do anything special and it sealed fine.

Other thing I can think of is maybe there was some air built up in the fork still causing excess pressure. Hope it's fixed.

Edit: No such luck. Contacted RSD and I'm going to pick up some new o-rings. I can hear air hissing when I compress the fork with my body weight.

Edit2: Heard from RSD tech support. Their packaging team is putting these together such that you think the o-ring just sits around the adjuster bolt. Even the instructions show this on their site. What they don't tell you is there's a groove inside the main body that you have to take the o-ring and work it into there or it won't seal. Makes sense now of course. They're going to update their instructions.

Last edited by mattVA; 08-27-2014 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:43 PM
HYPR
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Ok, guys I thought I was on the right track for this now with the latest posts I am back to almost square one. My timeline has advanced because tonight I noticed I have blown a fork seal and rather than just go for a warranty repair I might as well take the opportunity to dive right in. Ricor Intiminators, RSD adjusters, Traxxion Straight Rate springs, Amsoil 10# oil.
Here is my dilemma, I weigh in at about 195 with gear, my Road Glide fairing likely adds 35 pounds. So regarding springs, what is the consensus?
1.0KG?
Length, 380? 385? 390?
Bob

Old 08-28-2014, 06:07 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by HYPR
Ok, guys I thought I was on the right track for this now with the latest posts I am back to almost square one. My timeline has advanced because tonight I noticed I have blown a fork seal and rather than just go for a warranty repair I might as well take the opportunity to dive right in. Ricor Intiminators, RSD adjusters, Traxxion Straight Rate springs, Amsoil 10# oil.
Here is my dilemma, I weigh in at about 195 with gear, my Road Glide fairing likely adds 35 pounds. So regarding springs, what is the consensus?
1.0KG?
Length, 380? 385? 390?
Bob
Based on everything I read you might be on the borderline of 0.95kg and 1.0kg. I'd be tempted to go with the 0.95kg with the option to add pre-load.

Hopefully you have better luck getting those fork dust caps off than I did. Mine were corroded into place.

Quick Reply: Ricor Intiminators with Traxxion Straight Rate Springs