Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ricor Intiminators with Traxxion Straight Rate Springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 02:14 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Good luck!

Old 03-31-2015, 07:08 PM
apetterez
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where does one buy traxxion springs.

And if anyone has an older bike with 39mm forks please pm me i need some advice since u all are talking about 49mm forks

Old 03-31-2015, 07:18 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by apetterez
Where does one buy traxxion springs.

And if anyone has an older bike with 39mm forks please pm me i need some advice since u all are talking about 49mm forks
http://www.traxxion.com/Harley-Davidson/

Old 06-11-2015, 09:07 AM
vern58
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intiminators/Traxxions on 49mm Wide Glide forks

Been following this thread for quite some time, great information from everyone. But it seems as though most guys are riding Super Glides. Maybe I missed some posts but does anyone have any experience w/ the 49mm setup on a WG platform. Looking for suggestions on Traxxion spring length and rate. Looks like 44x365x.95 are being used a lot. Would the same recommendation hold for the WG with the greater rake. I weigh 200-220 and ride solo. Most of my riding is street riding so I like a softer ride to make up for the crappy road conditions, but like a well planted front tire on the rural twisties as well. Getting ready to order springs and would like some further advice.

Old 06-11-2015, 04:54 PM
mirrmu
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

valid question vern58, I in same situation as you looking to upgrade the 2010 wide glide front fork suspension

have a mate who just runs the racetech springs in a 09 softail which is similar rake to fxdwg and is happy with the improvements

Old 06-12-2015, 05:26 AM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

For those wondering if the Works triple rated springs are the better ,all I can say is after five years they are still wonderful. If you ride like an old lady straight line perfect ride then forget the Works you don't need the extra but if you ride it like you stole it and have come across situations where you need that extra suspension like unexpected pot holes, curbs, hill climbs, or just motoring on them curves then consider the Works triple rated springs. After three years I removed and refilled the 10wt Amsoil and it was still clean. Same stock seals running fine. With the Riccors and the Works springs I ended up using 3 oz'S less each tube. 23 oz's. I had cut an inch off the preload spacers.
Solo rider 190 lbs.

Old 09-12-2015, 03:58 PM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by stilup
For those wondering if the Works triple rated springs are the better ,all I can say is after five years they are still wonderful. If you ride like an old lady straight line perfect ride then forget the Works you don't need the extra but if you ride it like you stole it and have come across situations where you need that extra suspension like unexpected pot holes, curbs, hill climbs, or just motoring on them curves then consider the Works triple rated springs. After three years I removed and refilled the 10wt Amsoil and it was still clean. Same stock seals running fine. With the Riccors and the Works springs I ended up using 3 oz'S less each tube. 23 oz's. I had cut an inch off the preload spacers.
Solo rider 190 lbs.
My experience was much different between the works triple rate and the ricor straight rate set up. I had run three or four different set ups including the works before I found Fabrik8r's mod on the touring page. I felt an immediate improvement over the works set up that I had pulled out to install the Fabrik8r set up. I could never get the works to feel right regardless of how many times I changed the spacers around. I'm installing the fabrik8r set up on my road glide right now over the other options available for touring bikes.

Old 02-14-2016, 04:21 PM
shekmark
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What happened to this thread? It seems as though there are still unanswered questions bout spring rate. Also Traxxion springs different from Race Tech? Is there a new thread?

Old 02-15-2016, 08:25 AM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by shekmark
What happened to this thread? It seems as though there are still unanswered questions bout spring rate. Also Traxxion springs different from Race Tech? Is there a new thread?
What unanswered questions?

I think the difference between Racetech and Traxxion, primarily, is that Traxxion will make a custom length spring whereas Racetech does not.

Old 02-15-2016, 11:46 AM
El Chiguete
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Someone should go thru this thread and make another thread with the results because its hard to go thru all the pages that this thread generated and find what you are looking for because it might take several post on different dates to find a right solution.

Quick Reply: Ricor Intiminators with Traxxion Straight Rate Springs