Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ricor Intiminators with Traxxion Straight Rate Springs

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 02:41 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by izzyryder
Yeah I just wasn't down with that... Seemed off to me too. He did freely admit they have never worked with any harley forks before. Really nice bunch of guys, but think I'm gonna go back to the original plan of using race tech springs, which are 350mm in length and .96-1.1kg.

Better change the thread title....
Racetech springs are progressive wound for 49mm, so (according to Ricor and fabrik8r) you won't realize the full potential of the Intiminators. In fact, fabrik8r seems pretty convinced that progressive springs prevent the Intiminators from working as designed.

AFAIK, Traxxion is the only company making single rate springs for 49mm forks...unfortunately, they're still figuring out the right specs.

Fortunately, I don't mind being their guinea pig. I'm learning a lot about my bike and how its suspension works.

Old 10-22-2013, 02:52 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have ricor 12.5" sport tune. The are great solo or two up and have never bottomed them out. No more jolting, I fly over railroad track at 70+. They are great in the twisties or on the freeway. What I wasn't expecting is how much better the bike handles the crosswinds. You gotta do the intimidators...there were a lot of road surfaces that made me feel uneasy with the way the stock forks felt. Now the front end is full of confidence.

Old 10-22-2013, 02:54 PM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rooti
I have ricor 12.5" sport tune. The are great solo or two up and have never bottomed them out. No more jolting, I fly over railroad track at 70+. They are great in the twisties or on the freeway. What I wasn't expecting is how much better the bike handles the crosswinds. You gotta do the intimidators...there were a lot of road surfaces that made me feel uneasy with the way the stock forks felt. Now the front end is full of confidence.
So you have the Ricor sport tune shocks on the rear & Ricor Intimidator springs in the forks?

Old 10-22-2013, 02:56 PM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

###|||||

Last edited by izzyryder; 10-23-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:20 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by izzyryder
I hear you but I just don't wanna wait a few weeks to have custom springs made when a range of .96~1.1kg doesn't seem all that progressive (unless I'm misquoting the spring rate). Brian from Ricor also recommended the racetech springs stating he had the best results with them. I don't know if they will be better or worse that the traxxions, just hope they will be better than the Progressives I have in there now.
Rogert that. I'll keep an eye out for your results and will let you know how the Traxxion springs work out for me.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:31 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member

So you have the Ricor sport tune shocks on the rear & Ricor Intimidator springs in the forks?
The intimidators are drop in disc that go under your spring. I am still using the stock spring but you will be shocked to see what those intimidators do even with the stock spring. I am also running 10w amzoil shock therapy fork oil. That HD fork oil is crap IMO. and yes to the ricor shocks in the back. There are other options, let your pocketbook be your guide.

Brian from Ricor also recommended the racetech springs stating he had the best results with them
Brian never tried a single rate spring in his dyna (when he had it) He liked the racetech but you really can't compare the two unless you've tried both.

Suspension is forever...wait a couple of weeks and do it right or just try the intimidators with the amzoil fork oil...you will be surprised at the difference in just that mod.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:47 PM
izzyryder
Road Warrior

./. ###

Last edited by izzyryder; 10-23-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:51 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member

I hear you...that's why I still have my stock springs in. With the intimidators alone it is so much better I'm just waiting for Squid to get it all figured out. No hurry.

There are tons of people on here using the stright rate traxxion springs on thier harleys...Nobodys really figured it out for the dyna 49mm forks yet.
In fact when racetech didn't have the 49mm dyna forks listed on thier website I asked Brian what he used and the application was actually for a v-rod.

Traxxion makes both single rate and progressive type springs..you just order what you want

Last edited by rooti; 10-22-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:02 PM
izzyryder
Road Warrior

Duplicate

Last edited by izzyryder; 10-22-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:10 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Just the Intiminators, Amsoil Shock Therapy, and stock springs are waaaaayy better than stock, so I don't think you can go wrong in your choice of the springs. I'm actually pretty happy with just the switch from #5 to #10 Amsoil. If Dan doesn't hurry up with those .90kg springs, I may just keep the stock springs...

ok, maybe not, I'm too far into it to stop now.

Quick Reply: Ricor Intiminators with Traxxion Straight Rate Springs