Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another which to buy Street Bob or SGC?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 11:15 AM
mtnbkr62
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another which to buy Street Bob or SGC?

I am looking to get me a new bike after several years without, My last bike was a 03 XL1200C. What I am looking at is getting a Dyna instead of another Sportster, I am 51 so an older rider and I am not looking for a pocket rocket anymore. I like the looks of both the Super Glide, and the Street Bob, Which would be better knowing I still like some sportiness? What is the big difference between the two? I am about 2 weeks away from purchasing one of the 2 so your help will be appreciated.
JR

Old 10-22-2013, 11:23 AM
boro
Tourer
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

Just got the SGC, and wish I had gotten the SB. Biggest difference is the amount of chrome, handlebars and seat.

You really need to spend the time with each bike to decide. Go to H-D website for all the specs.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:36 AM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

As far as sportiness goes, they are pretty much the exact same bike. With bar, seat, and fender changes either of these bikes can look like each other. Just depends on what you like... Cant go wrong either way.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:48 AM
Jr Bob Dobbs
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mtnbkr62
I am looking to get me a new bike after several years without, My last bike was a 03 XL1200C. What I am looking at is getting a Dyna instead of another Sportster, I am 51 so an older rider and I am not looking for a pocket rocket anymore. I like the looks of both the Super Glide, and the Street Bob, Which would be better knowing I still like some sportiness? What is the big difference between the two? I am about 2 weeks away from purchasing one of the 2 so your help will be appreciated.
JR
When I decided to upgrade had an 09 Nightster didn't even consider the SG or any other dyna it was SB you can do about anything to them ya want depending on the cash you're willing to fork over. 11 SB stage 1 upgrade from Fuel Moto PCV V&H 2 into 1 big radius arlen ness big sucker foward controls mustang day tripper seat w/backrest solo & fork bags from garage leathers wanna keep the bobber look. Good luck with what ever choice ya make.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 728 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by mtnbkr62
I like the looks of both the Super Glide, and the Street Bob, Which would be better knowing I still like some sportiness? What is the big difference between the two?
Other than the amount of chrome, the rear fender, and the handlebars, they're pretty much the exact same bike. Do you like chrome and the full rear fender? Get the Super Glide. Do you like black and the chopped rear fender? Get the Street Bob. Can't go wrong either way.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:30 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Reindeer
Other than the amount of chrome, the rear fender, and the handlebars, they're pretty much the exact same bike. Do you like chrome and the full rear fender? Get the Super Glide. Do you like black and the chopped rear fender? Get the Street Bob. Can't go wrong either way.
True. Consider where you want to go with mods.

Also, the SG comes ready for two-up while the SB needs additional purchase of a pillion, pegs and peg mounts.

Chrome Vs black is the biggest factor.