Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Springer bars on non springer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 12:13 PM
timberwolfz28
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Springer bars on non springer?

Bought some bars on eBay. Exactly what I wanted at half the price of everyone else. Should have looked closer... they are for a springer.

I know the mounting width of springers is 6" as compared to the standard 3.5" (IIRC). I'm kinda thinking I'd like to use an offset dog bone type of rise like this:

But I need to get the width out to be correct for the bars. I know I could go the multi-piece setup like this, but I really don't want to...

So what I'm thinking is getting a set of the short risers like in the second pic above and having a machinist buddy make up some new clamps that would mount on the risers but have offset clamping positions to grab there bars where they need to.

UNLESS... you guys can't point me to another idea. Thoughts?

Old 10-26-2013, 12:43 PM
Danish-chopper
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My honest opinion is you should return it if possible, or try to sell it. I think it will look too clumsy with those "offset brackets".. Think you will regret it over some time. Or maybe it is just me who is a sucker for a clean look. Dont take it the wrong way, but try to find a similar set of bars. Maybe Carlini evil apes?

Old 10-26-2013, 12:51 PM
timberwolfz28
Road Master

I like the clean look too. And I'm damn stubborn. Bars haven't arrived yet, but when they do I will take a look at some options then, and if it's going to be clumsy, they'll go back on the market. But not before I scratch my head and give it some thought.

I had just hoped someone had done something similar... the style of bars I want are so damn pricey... I just have a hard time spending $250-$300 on them and there's nothing in that style that's cheaper.

Old 10-26-2013, 01:01 PM
timberwolfz28
Road Master

I've gotta get back out in the garage... I'm wondering if I can pull my upper tree and machine new mounting holes at the correct width without flaking the chrome...