Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'12 SB Rear Signal Removal

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 07:53 PM
groundpounder51
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default '12 SB Rear Signal Removal

So I'm at a standstill. I just removed the rear signals from my 2012 FXDB and I have a couple questions. I also removed the License Plate bracket and light (limp d*ck). Note: I have a backrest/bracket on the bike, so there is a brace between the fender struts and fender.

First question: Now that I removed the turn signals the bolt that was through the strut/fender/backrest is now way too long, so is there a kit or anything that I forgot to buy that includes new hardware to compensate?

Second question: The connection to the turn signal is now disconnected. Can I just leave that connect hang free under the fender or do I have to trace it back to the main harness and disconnect?

Old 11-13-2013, 09:06 PM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

On my SB the rear turn signals have the thread that the bolt fits, does the back rest bracket have a threaded hole in the same place as the signals?
If so then just using a shorter bolt is ok but if there is a hole clearance for the signal then you need to bolt thru with a nut on the inside.
i beleive there is a clearance hole not a threaded hole as the bracket should be made to fit with the signals.
you pulled the signals and the license plate holder and tail light?
The wire harness unplugs at the very front of the fender but I'm sure you have some tail light and need the juice so unplugging the harness wouldn't help. You could just secure the wiring under the fender and cover the connections for future use.

Old 11-13-2013, 10:37 PM
groundpounder51
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't tell if the fender bracket is threaded so I can just use a shorter torx bolt or if it is just a smooth hole because I can't get the other bolt out since the tire is in the way. I'm going to cut it once I have a solution. Does anyone happen to know what size torx bolt I need to just bolt the fender racket/fender/backrest/fender strut together? Thanks in advance.